USTOA Names 2013 Associate Member Advisory CommitteeNovember 6, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
The United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) has announced the 2013 Associate Member Advisory Committee to be chaired by USTOA Board Members, Richard Launder, president of the Travel Corporation USA, Inc. and Roger Mahil, chairman and CEO of SITA World Tours.
Next year’s committee will be comprised of eleven Associate Members, two Active Members and USTOA President and CEO Terry Dale.
“More than 60 associate members raised their hand to be considered for this important committee, a testament to the enthusiasm they feel towards USTOA,” said Dale. “Each showed a strong sense of engagement and willingness to roll-up their sleeves to be a part of USTOA’s future growth. While making the selection was an extremely difficult task, we are very positive with the outcome.”
The following Associate Members will serve on the advisory committee for 2013:
· Advertising & Public Relations: Nathalie Pilovetzky, president, Latitude
· Airlines: Rohan Garnett, regional general manager New Zealand & Pacific, Qantas Airways; Pablo Chiozza, vice president USA, Canada and Caribbean, LATAM Airlines Group; Norma Dean, director, specialty sales, Delta Air Lines
· Hotels: Lindsey Heinzel, account director, leisure sales, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide; Jodi Dell Leblanc, vice president sales & marketing international, Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces
· Insurance - Medical Assistance: Greg Takehara, senior vice president, Aon Affinity Berkely Travel
· Marketing & Travel Related Services: Shannon Brooks, director, airlines, travel agencies & tour operators, American Express Merchant Services
· Technology - Reservation System: Carolyn Cauceglia, vice president strategic sales, Amadeus North America
· Tourist Boards: Ricarda Lindner, director - The Americas, German National Tourist Office; Sthu Zungu, president, South African Tourism
USTOA also said registration is open for the association’s Annual Conference & Marketplace taking place December 6-8, 2012 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawai’i, Hawaii.
The conference is open to delegates from active member and associate member companies of USTOA. Companies must be a current member of USTOA with annual dues paid for 2012 in order to attend.
The Active member companies of U.S. Tour Operators Association provide tours, packages and custom arrangements.Each Active member company participates in the USTOA’s Travelers Assistance Program, which protects consumer payments up to $1 million if the company goes out of business.
USTOA Associate members represent an array of travel supplier companies such as airlines, tourist boards, attractions, hotels and resorts, ground operators, and more.