Hyatt Launches New Meetings ResourcesOctober 22, 2009 By: George Dooley
Hyatt has announced the launch of www.HyattMeetings.com. The launch offers new and improved resources and proprietary tools, including the Hyatt Meeting Promise, a new online RFP tool, dedicated meeting advisors at hotels, customizable menus and a focus on the Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards program. The goal: ensuring companies get the most out of their meetings – from planning to execution.
According to a recent Hyatt survey of U.S. adults, the primary elements affecting the success of an in-person meeting were three-fold: a focused agenda, the right participants in the room, and the quality of meeting facilities. The survey found:
* 92 percent of those surveyed said the quality of the meeting space, including the size of the room, equipment, food, and temperature control, were important to the overall success of an in-person meeting.
* 86 percent said a seamless experience with technology and amenities, as well as on-site coordination to facilitate meeting logistics, were important.
* Setting aside time and cost, the number one reason for not booking an off-site, in-person meeting was found to be the time and process for booking meeting facilities, followed by finding facilities to meet specific needs and lack of customization options.
“At Hyatt, we believe in the power of an in-person meeting – real people, in real time, in a real place,” said Jack Horne, vice president of sales, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “And that’s why we promise that with our new Hyatt hotels meeting offerings, if any detail of your meeting is not up to your expectation, we’ll work to get it resolved as quickly and as seamlessly as possible, or make it right for the next time. Because at Hyatt, we sincerely believe that when a meeting is done right, great happens.”
Hyatt’s program includes:
* Hyatt Meeting Promise: If any detail of a meeting does not meet the planner’s expectations, Hyatt will make it right, or will refund that part of the meeting and give a future credit.
* New Online RFP Tool: Planning a successful meeting is now easier and quicker than ever through the Hyatt online meeting event solution.
* Meeting Advisors: Dedicated Meeting Advisors are available at each hotel to help with every detail of the meeting planning and execution process, from the perfect space, schedule and food.
* Customizable Menu: Great food keeps attendees focused, engaged and energized. Participating Hyatt locations in North America offer Preference Banquet Menus that lets guests choose their dinner entrees.
* Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards: To reward the planners behind every successful gathering, participants in the Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards program – the exclusive rewards and loyalty program for Hyatt meeting and event planners – will earn one Hyatt Gold Passport bonus point for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on eligible meeting revenue, which may be redeemed for travel rewards, future meeting credits and more.