Positive Psychology Expert at Ensemble ConferenceJuly 19, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
Ensemble Travel Group reports it has tapped Shawn Achor, an expert on human potential and positive psychology, as the keynote speaker for the organization’s 2012 international conference at Red Rock Resort Las Vegas, Oct. 17-21, 2012.
Achor speaks to diverse audiences – Wall Street analysts, Harvard law students, business global leaders, elite high school students, wealth managers, doctors, and parents – in order to close the gap between the advances made in positive psychology research and our everyday lives, Ensemble says. In addition, he helped design the famed "happiness" course at Harvard University – the most popular class on campus at the time – enrolling one out of every seven undergraduates.
According to Achor, now CEO of a global psychology consulting firm, people with a positive outlook perform better when faced with a challenge. He calls this the “happiness advantage,” meaning every business outcome shows improvement when the brain is in positive gear.
During his 2012 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference address, Achor will provide specific techniques to help Ensemble members and supplier partners train their brain to be positive – and successful – in all aspects of their lives. His keynote presentation, sponsored by Classic Vacations and Holland America Line, is set for Friday morning, Oct. 19 in Las Vegas.
In addition to Achor, an extensive collection of well-known travel executives, guest educators, and Ensemble staff will zero in on the business of travel through nearly 40 workshops over the four-day annual conference. In addition to a series of application-driven breakouts, a sampling of the professional development facilitators and their sessions include:
• Cory Andrichuk, business coach and president of brandUcoaching Inc, will lead the two-day Frontline Agent Track #2, which is focused on branding, entrepreneurial practices, social media strategy, and consultative selling skills.
• Dr. Bob Joselyn, CEO of Joselyn, Tepper & Associates, Inc., will facilitate the discussion for Ensemble owners/managers on hiring, training, motivation, creative compensation, marketing, and customer retention.
• Rose Hache, attorney, will speak on succession planning and employee contracts.
• Vicki Freed, vice president, sales, Royal Caribbean International, will lead a branding workshop.
• Sophie Bujold, social media expert and coach, will share her insider knowledge of Pinterest and Facebook for business, blogging (basics and advanced), and free tools for managing social media efforts.
In addition, the 2012 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference features a state-of-the-organization address by Co-Presidents Libbie Rice and Lindsay Pearlman, partner trade show (air, car, cruise, insurance, and land/tour preferred suppliers), roundtable exchanges (hotelier, On Location, and specialty partners), and a series of evening activities for members, suppliers, and guests.
Founded in 1968, Ensemble Travel Group has 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada.