Great American Steamboat Company Updates American Queen's Culinary OptionsMarch 29, 2012 By: C. Elliott Mest Travel Agent
The Great American Steamboat Company’s culinary director, chef Regina Charboneau, is putting the finishing touches on the American Queen menus as the crew prepares to welcome its first guests. A native of historical Natchez, Mississippi, Charboneau will often be onboard overseeing the multiple dining venues.
Drawing inspiration from America’s heartland, Chef Charboneau’s dishes will take advantage of the Mississippi River region, which offers ingredients including sustainable fish and seafood, farm-raised quail, free-range chicken, artisan cheeses, wild pecans, rice, honey and stone-ground grits.
Menu highlights include:
· Andouille Hash; sausage hash topped with poached egg and sharp cheddar served with corn cake
· Bananas Foster Stuffed French Toast; cream cheese stuffed French toast topped with sautéed bananas, brown sugar and cinnamon
· Crabmeat Beignet; petite beignet topped with crabmeat in a classic Mornay sauce
· Salmon Salad; seared salmon on seasonal greens laced with bacon-molasses vinaigrette
· Grilled Catfish or Shrimp Poboy; shredded lettuce, tomato and jalapeno tartar sauce
· Peppered Brisket of Beef; brisket in gravy with cracked black pepper served with mash potatoes and creamed spinach
· Pompano En Papillote; local pompano topped with julienne of spinach, sweet red peppers and carrots, lump crab meat, caper-lemon butter encased in parchment paper
· Classic Bread Pudding with whiskey sauce
For more information, visit at www.GreatAmericanSteamboatCompany.com.