Oceania to Offer Epicurean Delights Aboard New Ship MarinaJanuary 10, 2011 By: Staff
Oceania Cruises’ new ship, Marina, set to debut later this month, will offer 10 dining venues, six of which are no-charge, gourmet restaurants.
The 1,250-guest ship is attempting to appeal to serious epicureans and rival shore-side restaurants.
Continental Cuisine, Asian Fusion & American Favorites
Marina will offer six open-seating gourmet restaurants, two private-dining venues and two casual eateries designed in rich woods, marble and granite, wool carpets and leather.
1. The Grand Dining Room – Tuxedo-clad wait staff serve a six-course menu in a classic setting reminiscent of a five-star restaurant in a European hotel. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Toscana – Three, illuminated etched-glass panels provide a dramatic backdrop to savory specialties, many of them family recipes handed down from Oceania Cruises’ staff and crew. Open for dinner, reservations suggested.
3. Polo Grill – Featruing leather upholstery, a rich palette of crimson, gold and green, and gold-edged mahogany wall panels, this steakhouse evokes vintage Hollywood serving up fine cuts of Prime, dry-aged beef, as well as chops and fresh seafood. Open for dinner, reservations suggested.
4. Jacques – The first-ever restaurant at sea for its renowned namesake, Jacques Pépin, draws inspiration from fabled brasseries of Paris and his hometown of Lyon. Open for dinner, reservations suggested.
5. Red Ginger – Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese flavors are showcased in a contemporary setting that features three Buddhas carved from a single piece of backlit glass as a centerpiece. Open for dinner, reservations suggested.
6. Terrace Café – Shades of burgundy, burnt orange, gold and lemon create a backdrop for guests dining al fresco on regional delicacies served for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
7. Waves – This relaxed, open-air bistro serves gourmet burgers, swordfish, chicken and other grilled items, and features a salad bar and homemade ice cream bar. Open for lunch, weather permitting.
8. Baristas – This coffee bar adjoining the library is the place throughout the day to enjoy Illy espresso and cappuccino, plus homemade biscotti and coffee cake.
9. La Reserve by Wine Spectator – This intimate venue hosts tastings and seven-course pairing dinners with premium wines selected in consultation with Wine Spectator editors. Extra charge for wines; reservations required.
10. Privée – This private dining room offers the ultimate Chef’s Table where eight guests can create a personalized menu featuring such specialties as Kobe beef, Brittany lobsters, foie gras, caviar and truffles. Room charge is $1,000. Open select evenings, reservations required.
Oceania Cruises’ new Marina also features a Bon Appétit Culinary Center and full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub. Interior design highlights include a Lalique-designed grand lobby, luxe suites by Dakota Jackson as well as Owner’s Suites furnished exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home.