Viking River Cruises Orders Two More Longships in 2013July 25, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
Viking River Cruises has placed an order for two additional Viking Longships in 2013. This brings the number of new ships launching next year to eight – an industry first – and a total of 14 new Viking Longships over a two year period.
Viking Longships integrate patent-pending design and technology with amenities such as:
- Two Explorer Suites, the largest river cruise suites in Europe at 445 square feet, each featuring a separate living room, bedroom and private wraparound veranda, offering 270-degree views.
- Seven two-room Veranda Suites with a full-size veranda in the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom.
- Thirty-nine Veranda Staterooms with full-size verandas.
- Twenty-two French Balcony Staterooms.
- A new all-weather indoor/outdoor Aquavit Terrace, which brings the panoramic outdoor river scenery indoors with retractable floor-to-ceiling glass doors.
- New in-cabin amenities that include heated bathroom floors and mirrors, Sony HD TV’s and premium bath products.
Sustainability upgrades, such as solar panels, an onboard organic herb garden and energy-efficient hybrid engines that reduce vibrations.
Accommodating 190 passengers, the ships are scheduled to sail four of Viking’s most popular European itineraries, including the 10-day Tulips & Windmills, eight-day Romantic Danube, 15-day Grand European Tour and eight-day Danube Waltz. The two newest ships, Viking Jarl and Viking Atla, will host guests on the eight-day Rhine Getaway cruise sailing from Amsterdam to Basel. Each of the new Viking Longships will be 443 feet long and will feature 95 staterooms per ship.
For more information, visit www.vikingrivercruises.com.