Hotel Fire in Rome Forces Evacuation

Late last week a fire broke out at Hotel San Giusto in Rome, injuring seven and causing the evacuation of all 124 guests. The cause of the fire, which spread to three rooms before being contained by firefighters, was not immediately known, but some local media attributed it to an electrical short circuit in one of the rooms. Five of the injured seven were taken to the hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation, while two others were brought in after leaping from windows to escape the fire. Hotel San Giusto is located on Piazza Bologna, 58 and is owned by Leonardi Hotels, which operates 15 other hotels throughout Italy.

Read more on