This comprehensive guide begins at Alfava Metraxis and ends at Doctor Who Magazine wins the ACE Press Award 0 Following its record breaking ABC figure earlier this year, Doctor Who Magazine had cause for further celebration at the 2014 ACE Press Awards held https://www.levitradosageus24.com/ viagra bedeutung online apotheke at the Museum of London. This may take a second or two.
Vail Valley Resort Built GreenApril 2, 2009 By: Travel Agent Central Contributor
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa expects to be the first luxury resort in Colorado to achieve LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council in early 2009.
“We built this hotel from the ‘green up’,” said Bob Trotter, general manager of The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, which opened September 2008. “The new gondola literally at our doorstep is the cornerstone of our eco-friendly philosophy. Taking an environmentally sensitive approach to development and operation will improve our guest experience in every way.”
Here are some of the hotel's green features:
- It's built on 19 acres, with 5 acres deeded to the Town of Avon for protection of open space and natural wetlands habitat.
- Its own Riverfront Express Gondola delivers guests to the ski area in less than three minutes.
- Landscaping includes native plants to minimize irrigation.
- Building materials include recycled content - such as roof tiles made from rubber tires - and are sourced from the region, reducing transportation needs.
- Preferred parking is available for hybrid cars.
- Recycling bins are available for guests in every residence.
- The Westin Riverfront’s Spa Anjali uses only certified eco-friendly products, including linens and bathrobes made from bamboo.
- Low emitting paints, carpets (no “new carpet odor”) and window treatments were used in construction.
- Unobtrusive external lighting preserves nocturnal views and eliminates light pollution.
- Wide expanses of glass into interior spaces minimizes electricity use and improves panoramic views.
- Chef Thomas Salamunovich will grow fresh, indigenous produce for the resort’s Avondale Restaurant and market in an on-site garden.
For more information about The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, visit www.westin.com/riverfrontavon.