Hotel Plaza Limited is renaming itself as Pan Pacific Hotels Group Limited to reflect its branded hotel management company, and has announced initiatives to streamline operations. The Singapore-listed Pan Pacific Hotels Group Limited owns and manages two brands, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts and Parkroyal Hotels and Resorts, with properties across Asia and North America. This renaming initiative follows the successful integration of the two brands into one core business since October 2008 when the Group acquired "Pan Pacific" from its holding company, UOL Group Limited.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has consolidated its corporate headquarters in Singapore from multiple business district locations into a centralized new location, and has launched its PANTHER Distribution System, a single distribution platform for both brands. The platform provides customers an improved reservation experience by capturing guest preferences to meet their needs, while allowing Pan Pacific Hotels Group to streamline reservation operations across its two brands to achieve operational synergy and optimise revenue opportunities.
New Pan Pacific Hotel to Open in Xiamen, China
Pan Pacific Hotels Group also announced the launch of the new Pan Pacific Xiamen in August 2009 following a series of hotel enhancements. The hotel was formerly the Sofitel Plaza Xiamen.
Plans for refurbishment of the hotel include:
* Arrival and Lobby: Featuring extensive landscaping, the refurbished lobby will greet guests with an subtleness, delicate service and attention to detail.
* Rooms and Suites: Improved features in the rooms include upgrades to in-room audio-visual equipment such as flat-screen TVs, dual language controls and i-Pod docking stations. Business travellers will notice improved task lighting, ergonomically-designed desks and chairs, and a laptop safe.
* Pacific Club: The hotel will also feature Pan Pacific's exclusive, premier executive club, the Pacific Club, on levels 20 through 29. Pacific Club guests will enjoy around-the-clock butler service and access to the new and expanded Pacific Club Lounge serving breakfast. Additionally, guests will have access to business amenities, including fully-equipped meeting rooms and comprehensive business services.
* Restaurants and Bars: The Pan Pacific Xiamen will also feature Pan Pacific's award-winning Cantonese restaurant, Hai Tien Lo, as well as a refurbished tea and coffee lounge in the hotel lobby.
* Fitness Centre: The Fitness Centre will be outfitted with new equipment for an improved workout, enhanced with new audio-visual equipment and other amenities.
Renovations and upgrades to the Pan Pacific Xiamen are expected to be completed in early August. Further extending the brand's presence in China, Pan Pacific is scheduled to open the Pan Pacific Tianjin in 2011.