Apple Vacations Expands Winter 2013 ProgramAugust 10, 2012 By: Newswire Travel Agent
Apple Vacations reports 11 new vacation flights to Mexico and the Caribbean from multiple U.S. gateways. The expanded offerings enable Apple Vacations’ to provide consumers with thousands of new airseats – a year over year increase of 15 percent – on time for the winter 2012/2013 travel season, Apple Vacations says.
Apple Vacations said it will also expand operations into three new markets: Austin, TX, Des Moines, IA and Kansas City, MO. New winter exclusive vacation flights include:
• Austin, TX to Cancun, Mexico
• Detroit to Montego Bay, Jamaica
• Des Moines, IA to Cancun, Mexico
• Hartford, CT to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
• Kansas City, MO to Cancun, Mexico
• Kansas City, MO to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Kansas City, MO to Los Cabos, Mexico
• Lansing, MI to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Minneapolis to Huatulco, Mexico
• Rockford, IL to Montego Bay, Jamaica
• St. Louis to Huatulco, Mexico
Tim Mullen, Apple Vacations president, commented: “Extensive consumer research and input from travel agents helps us to determine what new, nonstop flights to offer to ‘which’ destinations’ from ‘what city’. "
Apple Vacations works with Sun Country Airlines, Frontier Airlines, jetBlue Airways and AirTran Airways.
The advantages cited by Apple Vacations’ for its program include:
• Nonstop flights to new vacation hotspots – Apple Vacations has weekly nonstop flights from select gateways this winter to beach destinations like Costa Rica and Huatulco, Mexico. From many US gateways, Apple Vacations has the only nonstop flights to a vacation destination.
• Vacation accessibility from underserved airports – This winter, Apple Vacations will have nonstop flights from Austin, TX, Rockford, IL, Lansing, MI, Des Moines, IA, Hartford, CT and Kansas City, MO, in addition to nonstop flights from larger cities like Chicago, Philadelphia and Minneapolis.
• Superior buying power – Apple Vacations lays claim to be the number one tour operator in the world to Mexico and the Dominican Republic, and its overall passenger volume results in rate advantage.
• Rround-trip hotel transfers are included on international packages. Depending on the hotel, this could save consumers up to $100 per person.
Apple Vacations provides vacation packages from U.S. departure cities nationwide to destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, Hawaii, Central America and Europe, as well as top ski resorts throughout the U.S. and Canada.