Celebrity Adds Celebrity Life Plus for Trans-Atlantic CruisesFebruary 9, 2012 By: Susan Young
|Photo by Susan J. Young|
From Riedel comparative wine glass workshops to cooking competitions, from Rosetta Stone language lessons to iPhoto classes, from wellness workshops to pool volleyball with the ship’s officers, the Celebrity Life activity program is being expanded this year on Celebrity Cruises' (www.celebritycruises.com) trans-Atlantic sailings with a Celebrity Life Plus option.
The line says the new line-up will continue the “Taste,” “Learn,” “Revive” and “Play” themes of Celebrity Life, but instead give guests more diverse options.
“Experienced cruisers know that trans-Atlantic cruises offer an ideal opportunity to spend luxurious days at sea learning new things, exploring new tastes, recharging, or simply having fun,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, senior vice president, hotel operations, Celebrity Cruises. “The introduction of Celebrity Life Plus takes everything our guests already love about these sailings and about Celebrity Life and marries the two, resulting in the most comprehensive, enriching, exciting and fun long cruises, offering incredible speakers and other exclusive activities.
"Never before have we had such a wide array of offerings and activities on one sailing," said Lutoff-Perlo. In a single trans-Atlantic cruise, Celebrity Life Plus will offer cruisers as much immersion as a theme cruise, the line said, but while actual theme cruises focus on one area of interest, Celebrity Life Plus offers a robust breadth of activities focused on multiple themes.
Trans-Atlantic cruisers who wish to explore their love of food and wine will have the chance to hear from guest chefs and wine educators who will present cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, book signings, food-and-wine pairing dinners and more.
Guests will also learn from speakers provided by Smithsonian Journeys; astronomy experts David Hughes and Steve Maran will be onboard select sailings, as will art history expert Allison Jessing and Mark Kaufman, who specializes in the burgeoning science of life beyond Earth.
Additionally, former Olympic gold medalist Frank Shorter and Nancy Lieberman, a Hall of Fame professional basketball player, will share their sports experiences.
Additional special interest speakers will include naturalists, oceanographers and guest artists. The first of these will be the first at-sea appearance by the renowned palette knife artist Graham Denison, a master of contemporary impressionism whose work has been prominently featured by The Walt Disney Company and other leading consumer brands. Denison will be on the first 2012 spring transatlantic sailing painting live in a studio setting, offering guests an interactive class and hosting question-and-answer sessions.
Guests can participate in additional interactive classes led by master artists from Miami Beach’s ArtCenter/South Florida. Classes will include jewelry making, mosaics, drawing, Chinese brush painting and watercolor.
Wellness buffs will discover Celebrity Life has enhanced its special fitness programming. For example, Celebrity will introduce the popular dance-fitness class “Zumba Fitness” into the Celebrity Life Plus line-up. Celebrity Life Plus will offer two classes a day, led by Zumba instructors who are part of the ‘Zumba Instructor Network” and who hold licenses to teach specialty Zumba classes – Zumba Gold (for the active older adult) and Aqua Zumba, which Zumba calls “the ultimate pool party.”
Select Celebrity Life Plus and Celebrity Life activities require an extra fee, not included in the cruise fare.
Cruises that will feature Celebrity Life Plus are:
- 14-night voyage on Celebrity Solstice, departing Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 15, 2012 and arriving in Barcelona, Spain on April 29
- 10-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Miami, Florida on April 21, 2012 and arriving in Southampton, England on May 1
- 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Fort Lauderdale on May 5, 2012 and arriving in Amsterdam, Holland on May 20
- 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Fort Lauderdale on April 16, 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy on April 30
- 9-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey on April 22, 2012 and arriving in Rome (Civitavecchia) on May 1
- 13-night cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, departing Southampton on October 27, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on November 9
- 14-night cruise on Celebrity Equinox, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on November 26, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on December 10
- 15-night cruise on Celebrity Constellation, departing Southampton on November 30, 2012 and arriving in Miami on December 16
- 15-night cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, departing Rome (Civitavecchia) on December 1, 2012 and arriving in Fort Lauderdale on December 16.
Additional details are available at www.celebritycruises.com/celebritylifeplus.