Apple Vacations announced its 2016 Crystal Apple Award Winners September 12 at a black-tie gala at the Field Museum in Chicago.
The recipients of the 2016 Crystal Apple Award are:
- Best Staff and Service Mexico – Paradius Playa del Carmen La Perla
- Best Staff and Service Caribbean – Couples Negril
- Best Staff and Service Hawaii – Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- Best Staff and Service Central America – Riu Palace Costa Rica
- Best All-Inclusive Family Resort – Grand Bahia Principe Coba
- Best Adults Only – Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
- Best Entertainment – Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
- Best All-Inclusive Dining Experience – Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya
- Best All-Inclusive Resort – IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraiso
- Best Hotel Chain – Secrets Resorts & Spas
- Best Destination – Riviera Maya
The Crystal Apple Award is bestowed on the top entries in various categories as chosen by Apple Vacationers. Each year, hundreds of thousands of customers complete a Vacation Satisfaction Questionnaire upon returning home from their Apple Vacation. The Crystal Apple Award winners are determined through the data collected from these post-vacation surveys.
Apple Vacations’ Golden Apple Hotel Award is given to those hotels that have earned exceptional customer ratings. Travel agents report that the Golden Apple designation builds consumer confidence and has a major influence on purchase decisions, Apple Vacations said.
The Apple Vacations Golden Apple Gala was held at Chicago’s Field Museum, and attendees watched the awards presentation in the shadow of “Sue,” the largest, best-preserved, and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex ever found. Gala guests also had an opportunity to view Africa’s man-eating lions of Tsavo, the Grainger Hall of Gems and Dinosaur Hall.
The following day, Apple Vacations hosted its trade show event with more than 1,000 travel agents at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. Representatives from major airlines, ground operators, car rental companies, tourism boards and hotels networked with retailers and disseminated materials at 125 booths.