To spur effective use of technology among travel agents, Amadeus has announced the market-wide availability of Amadeus Vacation Link for travel professionals in the U.S. and Canada. A free, one-stop booking portal, Amadeus Vacation Link enables travel agents to book high-profit, commissionable vacation travel for their clients including cruises, shore excursions, tours, consolidator fares, rail, activities and entertainment. Vacation Link is available free to travel professionals in North America regardless of their GDS affiliation.
“Travel professionals told us they need to make money, save time, and better serve their customers,” said Tom Cates, CCO of Amadeus North America. “We are always looking for opportunities to provide the industry with innovative solutions, and Amadeus Vacation Link gives travel agents a ‘direct connection’ to booking profitable leisure travel.”
For current Amadeus Cruise stand-alone customers, the migration to Amadeus Vacation Link is free of charge and seamless: the stand-alone version of Amadeus Cruise has been incorporated into the updated Amadeus Vacation Link, providing even greater value. The portal is easy to learn and operate for all users, with no cryptic entries or training required. Up-to-the-minute pricing and 24/7 real-time availability ensure accurate and efficient booking.
Key features include:
* Amadeus Cruise: Direct access to the reservation systems of multiple cruise lines from a single screen. Real-time, accurate booking capabilities from 18 cruise providers worldwide, representing 90 percent of all bookable cruises.
* Shore Excursions: Commissionable excursions at discounted prices bookable in advance. Also the ability to provide custom-designed excursions, transfers, beach parties, dining options, golf, tennis, water sports and more.
* Amadeus Tours: Access to cost-effective travel tour offerings, powered in the U.S. by VAX Vacation Access and in Canada by Soft Voyage.
* Amadeus Activities & Entertainment: Connect to thousands of premier travel products at over 400 destinations. Book airport transfers, adventure trips, theater or sporting tickets or city sightseeing tours. E-mail customized travel guides, with all bookings made tracked to your agency so you receive commission credit.
* Amadeus RailAgent: Book high-speed and scenic trains including Amtrak, Eurostar, BritRail, and more. Earn commissions on global rail passes including the Orient Express, Trans Siberian Express and The Rocky Mountaineer.
* Amadeus Consolidator Shopper: Agents can find the consolidator and published airfares simultaneously using the industry’s only web-based consolidator booking tool. Agents can search and compare the fares of multiple consolidators in real-time. Customizable so agents can personalize invoices and itineraries.
* Agent tools and resources: Integrated agency desktop tools and services, including office applications, travel planning resources and administration.
* Amadeus e-University: Online training portal packed with time-saving tips, guided courses and a complete online suite of reference materials for 24/7 learning.