The second annual Home-Based Travel Agent Expo has crafted a comprehensive curriculum with something for everyone—whether you're looking to learn the best way to choose a host agency, enhance your supplier relationships, find out what technology tools you can utilize to make you more successful, hone in on how to market your business successfully with minimal spending, develop a home-based business plan or find out how to successfully upsell your clients.
The agenda includes solo presentations and panel discussions featuring some of the most well-known experts in the industry, who will provide ideas on how to develop a client base and enhance overall business for the home-based agent.
As an attendee of Home-Based Travel Agent Expo, you will have the opportunity to attend sessions that specifically address the concerns of the home-based agent. Sessions include:
• "Successfully Optimizing Supplier Relationships" Developing strong supplier relationships is a vital component of a home-based agent's business. This session will help you to determine the most effective way to form productive alliances with the right suppliers. You will also learn how to: Stay connected after the first meeting; determine the right strategic partners for you; ask the right questions; and take advantage of effective networking opportunities.
• "Successful Upselling Strategies for Home-Based Agents" Cruise and tour products in particular offer high upselling revenue potential. Discover what you should be selling and why upselling is so important to the home-based agent. You will also explore the psychology of successful upselling and hear strategies for your success.
• "Low-Cost Marketing for a High-Profit Business" Marketing can, by far, be the riskiest and most expensive aspect of your home-based business. Stop throwing dollars into the marketing slot machine and discover proven strategies for making your business grow without dramatically shrinking your profits. You will learn "guerrilla marketing" tactics that will help you maximize your marketing time and money.
• "Debate 2008: Solo vs. Host" You've heard it from the Republicans and Democrats, but have you really heard it from the travel industry? This promises to be a lively debate (not a panel) about one of the most difficult issues you might face as a home-based agent. How can you best maximize your profit and build your business—by working by yourself or through a host agency?
• "Your Home-Based Travel Business Check-List for Success" In this engaging session, you'll discover: The best way to maximize time and resources; the right time to invest in your business; and the optimum choices for comfort and efficiency. Setting up your home-based office or giving your current one a makeover is paramount to the success of your business.
Other sessions will include an informative hour from suppliers who are eager to meet with you and educate you on their products and commissionable offerings. They will include:
• Brendan Worldwide Vacations, Insight Vacations, The Red Carnation Hotel Collection, Trafalgar, and Uniworld Grand River Cruises.
For the complete conference program and to register, please visit www.homebasedtravelagentexpo.com.
Alicia Evanko, CMP Show Director firstname.lastname@example.org