This comprehensive guide begins at Alfava Metraxis and ends at Doctor Who Magazine wins the ACE Press Award 0 Following its record breaking ABC figure earlier this year, Doctor Who Magazine had cause for further celebration at the 2014 ACE Press Awards held https://www.levitradosageus24.com/ viagra bedeutung online apotheke at the Museum of London. This may take a second or two.
Amadeus Offers 15 Bucket List Travel AdventuresJune 11, 2009 By: George Dooley
Asking your customers “What’s on your bucket list?” is a great way to open the door to high-commission travel sales, says Amadeus and offers agents some must-visit ideas to have ready.
Actors Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson received critical acclaim for their stellar performances in “The Bucket List,” last fall’s hit movie about a dying man’s list of “things to do before you kick the bucket.” Amadeus notes, “You can receive critical acclaim as well—from your customers—by suggesting a spinoff on this idea: “bucket list travel."
Because this “bucket list” of travel ideas includes high-commission activities—all bookable through Amadeus Activities & Entertainment—your profits can be counted on for a stellar performance as well, Amadeus says.
Amadeus’ 15 Bucket List travel ideas, include:
1. Experience the Sistine Chapel (Rome, Italy) – Art lovers will claim (perhaps rightly so) that you can’t say you’ve truly lived until you’ve gazed upwards to see Michelangelo’s “Creation of Adam” coming to life on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Pre-book tickets to the Vatican Museum to see this and other masterpieces—and avoid the lines.
2. Tour the Elephanta Caves (Mumbai, India) – Carved out of solid basalt rock, the historic Elephanta Caves are located on a small island off the Arabian Sea, an hour away (via boat or ferry). These caves are a religious relic dating back to the 5th century and are intended to represent the heavenly mountain residence of Lord Shiva.
3. Shower under the Blue Lagoon waterfalls (Reykjavik, Iceland) – Take the “Iceland from Below” tour and conclude this underground adventure of Iceland’s lava tubes by frolicking about in the Blue Lagoon’s milky-blue green water and therapeutic waterfalls.
4. Catch the Cabaret at Moulin Rouge (Paris, France) – The oldest cabaret in Paris, made famous by the paintings of Toulouse Lautrec, will enchant you with can can dancers who show off their “joie de vivre” on a nightly basis. Arrive via private luxury car and enjoy the outstanding Belle Epoque cuisine before the show begins.
5. Hike through Oahu’s Valley of the Rainbows (Honolulu, Hawaii) – Explore lush rainforests deep within the beautiful Valley of the Rainbows on an exclusive, expertly-guided group tour. Nestled below towering trees and surrounded by seven waterfalls, this exotic paradise features the largest collection of palm tree varieties on earth.
6. Get acquainted with ancient history (Athens, Greece) – Take a three day tour of ancient Greece, with stops in Athens, Olympia, Corinth, Delphi and more. If you’re not a history buff, you’ll become one after seeing the site of the first Olympics, archaeological remains in Delphi and ancient Acropolis.
7. Escape to Hidden Valley (Manila, Philippines) – Hidden Valley’s bewitching rare orchids and other exotic flora flourish in a 110-acre crater 300 feet deep. Believed to have been formed by a violent volcanic upheaval thousands of years ago, Hidden Valley is located between two mountains. Take a dip in the naturally-heated volcanic waters.
8. Smile at Mona Lisa (Paris, France) – Take a guided tour of the top ten masterpieces hanging in the Louvre, including Leonardo Da Vinci’s famous enigmatic portrait, Michelangelo’s sculptures, Venus de Milo and more.
9. Fall in love with Niagra Falls (Ontario, Canada) – For thrills without spills, hop onboard the famous Maid of the Mist Steamboat. This sturdy vessel navigates waters at the base of the Falls, taking you as close as you can safely get into the deluge pouring from the cliffs above. The rush of water rings in your ears as the mist makes rain gear (provided) a necessity.
10. Roam the Coorong sand dunes (Adelaide, Australia) – Discover the serenity and beauty of Australia’s famous Coorong wilderness. The sand dunes, wetlands and the mighty Southern Ocean are unforgettable in their natural state, but you’ll also be charmed by the quiet landscape of the small coastal towns you’ll see during a guided eco-cruise.
11. Sip tea & nibble on scones at Grosvenor House (London, England) – Enjoy tea and little cakes in the original home of the Duchess of Bedford, lady-in-waiting to Queen Victoria, who was credited with inventing the very British tradition of “taking tea.”
12. Scuba dive through famous shipwrecks (Aruba, Caribbean) – Dive in and explore Aruba’s many famous shipwrecks, including the Antilla wreck, one of the largest wrecks in the Caribbean. Take note of fascinating coral formations and get up close and personal with stingrays, moray eels, manta rays, barracudas and yellow tail.
13. Glide midair through the Canadian Rockies (Jasper, Alberta) – Hop on the famous Jasper Tramway, the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada, for unprecedented views of six mountain ranges, glacial fed lakes, the Athabasca river and the scenic mountain town of Jasper. The adventure begins at an elevation of 4279 feet and ascends to 7472 feet above sea level.
14. Watch a Lesedi tribal dance (Johannesburg, South Africa) – Enjoy a feast prepared by the natives of Lesedi, a multicultural tribe located an hour’s drive from Johannesburg. See the Zulus with their fighting sticks; the Xhosa with their perfectly-thatched rondawels and distinctive white blankets; the rhythmic drums and whistles of the Pedi tribe; the conical straw hats of the Basotho; and the colorful homes of the Ndebele.
15. Get married in Vegas (Nevada, US) – Whether you want to tie the knot with as little fanfare as you might receive when ordering a cheeseburger or say your nuptials in the same building where Elvis and Priscilla exchanged theirs, Vegas is the place for quick and quirky weddings.
Travel agents can sell these trips and much, much more with Amadeus Activities & Entertainment, Amadeus says.