Tripology Reveals Positive Outlook For Winter TravelOctober 15, 2009 By: George Dooley
Tripology, the online travel referral service, offered the industry some good news with the findings from its newly published Trend Report. This includes a 30 percent increase in consumer travel spending from July 2009 through September 2009 (for travel within the next 133 days) as well as an increase in demand for international travel.
Tripology also reports that despite a continued industry trend towards value-priced vacations, the findings demonstrates that consumers are willing to spend more to get more this winter travel season. They want to taking advantage of discounted international airfares and the plethora of travel deals worldwide, Tripology says.
“Consumers seem to be catching on to what industry experts have been predicting - that the incredible domestic and international travel deals currently available may soon come to an end, as we start to pull out of this recession,” said John T. Peters, president and CEO of Tripology.
“Our report reveals that travelers are willing to spend more on their trips this winter season, so long as they are getting the most value for their vacation dollars. They are seeking out the expertise of destination-specific travel specialists to help them plan and book the trip of a lifetime - while the travel deals are still plenty and the airfares remain low,” Peters said.
Other findings of the report include:
- The Top Five Requested Cities are Las Vegas, Cancun, Orlando, Rome and Paris.
- Rome now appears prominently as the 4th most requested city, after not being ranked in the “top 10 cities” in both 2008 and the first part of 2009.
- Tripology’s Top Requested Regions include Western Europe, the Caribbean, Asia and Africa – Asia has shown the highest increase in demand from July 2009 to the end of September 2009.
- A newcomer to the Top Ten Requested Countries is Puerto Rico (Tripology has counted Puerto Rico separately from the US.)
The Tripology Trend Report also revealed the following Tripology.com stats:
- A significant positive trend continues at Tripology.com for online consumers looking to be connected with offline travel specialists, even through the recession.
- Las Vegas continues to be the destination of choice for many looking for a travel specialist.
- Roughly 70 percent of traveler’s requests are for trips with a duration of fewer than eight days.