This comprehensive guide begins at Alfava Metraxis and ends at Doctor Who Magazine wins the ACE Press Award 0 Following its record breaking ABC figure earlier this year, Doctor Who Magazine had cause for further celebration at the 2014 ACE Press Awards held https://www.levitradosageus24.com/ viagra bedeutung online apotheke at the Museum of London. This may take a second or two.
The Venetian Las Vegas Announces Female-Focused Comedy SeriesMay 16, 2014 By: Newswire
The Venetian Las Vegas has announced LIPSHTICK – THE PERFECT SHADE OF STAND UP, a newly branded resident comedy series that the resort says marks the first time in Las Vegas history that the comedy stage will be taken exclusively by female performers.
The new series will debut July 11 with appearances by daytime television personality Wendy Williams and will bring regular stand-up comedy performances to The Sands Showroom from an opening slate of 14 comediennes.
The series was announced by comedienne Whitney Cummings, television personality and co-creator of the hit CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls. Cummings, who will debut at The Sands Showroom on Aug. 15, is part of a 2014 lineup that includes:
- Joy Behar, former host of The View and the Joy Behar Show
- Jennifer Coolidge, best known for her roles as “Stifler’s mom” on American Pie and Sophie on the series 2 Broke Girls
- Whitney Cummings, television personality and co-creator of the hit CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls
- Susie Essman, best known for her role as Susie Greene on Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Jen Kirkman, known for her regular appearances as a round-table panelist on Chelsea Lately
- Lisa Lampanelli, whose snarky brand of stand up has lovingly earned her the nickname Comedy's Queen of Mean
- Natasha Leggero, known for her regular appearances as a round-table panelist on Chelsea Lately and judge of NBC’s Last Comic Standing
- Wendy Liebman, a regular on the late night circuit, including The Tonight Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the Late Show with David Letterman, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
- Loni Love, co-host of the new Fox daytime show The Real and author Love Him or Leave Him But Don't get Stuck with the Tab
- Heather McDonald, known for her regular appearances as a round-table panelist on Chelsea Lately and author of My Inappropriate Life (Some Stories Not Suitable for Nuns, Children, or Mature Adults)
- Caroline Rhea, best known for her role on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and as the host of the talk show, The Caroline Rhea Show
- Rita Rudner, a Venetian headliner since 2001, and one of the most successful comedians in Las Vegas history, selling more than one million tickets collectively
- Iliza Schlesinger, winner of the sixth season of NBC's Last Comic Standing and former host of the syndicated dating showExcused
- Wendy Williams, media personality, actress and host of the daytime talk show The Wendy Williams Show
“While the industry has concentrated on male comedy acts, The Venetian has a long-standing history of featuring outstanding female comediennes,” said John Caparella, president and chief operating officer of The Venetian, The Palazzo and Sands Expo. “Our success with comedic legends like Rita Rudner and Joan Rivers have proven that ‘girls rule’ when it comes to comedy. Further, we believe that female-driven comedy is now as popular as ever!”
The new series was designed to appeal to a target audience of couples, groups and bachelorette celebrants out for a uniquely “Vegas” good time. It also creates an entertainment-driven “destination” that focuses on female branding and style.
Artists are engaged to perform two to three shows over a weekend, on Friday and Saturday evenings. Once part of the LIPSHTICK family, most of the comediennes will be scheduled into a rotation to perform at The Venetian three to four times per year. In addition, more comediennes will be added at later dates.
Tickets go on sale May 16 for the first dates announced in the series.
Shows will be held on Fridays at 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 7:30pm. Some performance dates will include a second Saturday night show at 10:00 p.m.
Upcoming shows include:
- July 11: Wendy Williams
- July 18 & 19: Heather McDonald and Iliza Schlesinger
- July 25 & 26: Rita Rudner
- August 1 & 2: Caroline Rhea and Wendy Liebman
- August 8 & 9: Lisa Lampanelli
- August 15 & 16: Whitney Cummings
- August 22 & 23: Joy Behar
- September 5 & 6: Susie Essman
- September 12 & 13: Natasha Leggero and Jen Kirkman
- September 19 & 20: Jennifer Coolidge
- October 3 & 4: Lisa Lampanelli
- October 10 & 11: Loni Love
- November 28 & 29: Whitney Cummings
- December 26 & 27: Lisa Lampanelli
Ticket prices range from $37.50 to $97.50, not including tax and handling fees. A limited number of suite packages that include a meal at select Venetian and Palazzo restaurants, as well as VIP packages that include preferred front-row seating and a meet-and-greet with the comedienne, will be available.
Performance dates, times and prices are subject to change.