American Cruise Lines will be building another new riverboat. A contract has been signed and construction has already begun. The new riverboat will be larger but similar in many respects to the 150-passenger Queen of the Mississippi, which is nearing completion at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, Md.
American Cruise Lines’ third new riverboat will feature a similar capacity to that of the Queen of the Mississippi and will also boast spacious staterooms, private balconies with sliding glass doors, a center atrium with a grand staircase, various lounges and amenities including:
- Fully-functioning authentic paddlewheel
- Staterooms over 300 square feet in size
- Private balconies with sliding glass doors
- Various lounges, libraries, and cafés
- Hotel-style bathrooms
- Room service
- Wi-Fi in all staterooms
- Satellite TV and DVD player in all staterooms
- Single sitting, open seating dining
- Complimentary cocktail hour
As of yet, no decision has been made as to where the new riverboat will operate other than on U.S. rivers. Additional details and information will be announced in the coming months.
For more information, visit www.americancruiselines.com.