The American Queen Steamboat Company has announced details of the American Queen's six-week refurbishment at New Orleans’ Boland Marine Shipyards.
A number of engineering and cosmetic upgrades, such as a new yacht white polymer paint finish on the exterior refinished decks, new and upgraded mahogany accents and brand new paddlewheel greeted guests that boarded for the launch of her fourth season on February 21.
Refurbishment highlights onboard the American Queen include:
- Two-part polymer and high gloss exterior paint finish
- Refinished mahogany doors and added handrails
- New carpeting and wallpaper in public areas as well as select staterooms
- Refinished grey decks
- New wall of double-glass mirrors in the dining room
- New brass kick plates
- Newly varnished interiors including the grand staircase
- Rebuilt and repainted paddlewheel