American Queen Steamboat Company has announced the latest details on its Bourbon itinerary, beginning on the July 4th holiday aboard the American Queen.
Sailing between St. Louis, MO, and Cincinnati, OH, the nine-day journey offers guests a look into the region’s rolling bluegrass hills where 95 percent of the world’s bourbon is made.
Taking place from July 4 to July 12, the Bourbon voyage will offer distillery tours from the makers of Jim Beam, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Wild Turkey and Woodford Reserve. Onboard tastings and lectures will be provided from Buffalo Trace representative Don Flinn, and author of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage Michael Veach.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Included pre-cruise hotel stay in St. Louis, MO, around the 4th of July festivities
- Onboard Bourbon tasting presented by Don Flinn of Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Specialty Bourbon-enhanced menu items daily
- Bourbon themed gifts each night, including a copy of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage signed by author Michael Veach
- Three onboard seminars with Michael Veach, including:
“The Origin of Bourbon and the 19th Century” featuring bourbons Old Crow, Old Forester, Old Taylor
“The 20th Century and Prohibition” featuring bourbons Old Grand Dad Bottled-in-Bond, Four Roses Yellow Label, Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond
“Post Prohibition Bourbon” featuring bourbons Blanton’s Single Barrel, Wild Turkey KY Spirit Single Barrel, Woodford Reserve
In addition to hop-on, hop-off shore excursions in Louisville, KY, guests may select one of the following distillery tours:
- Woodford Reserve (Versailles, KY) guided tour of the distillery, bottling process and a tasting
- Wild Turkey (Lawrenceburg, KY) guided tour of production, cistern room, bottling and packing warehouse and a tasting
- Four Roses (Lawrenceburg, KY) guided walking tour of distillery and tasting
- Jim Beam (Clermont, KY) interactive tour of distillery. Troy Beam will be on site to answer questions during tastings
- Heaven Hills Distilleries: Bourbon Heritage Center (Bardstown, KY) short film about both bourbon and Heaven Hill, guided tour of the tour of the Heritage Center, including a visit to Rickhouse Y and a bourbon tasting
- From Madison, IN: A “Special Land Event” includes lunch, a city tour of Frankfort, KY, a guided tour of Buffalo Trace Distilleries and the Kentucky State Capitol.
The nine-day Bourbon Itinerary fares begin at $2,699 per person based on double occupancy. All journeys include a one-night pre-voyage hotel stay, shore tours in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and other amenities.