The 130,000-ton Carnival Breeze will feature an array of culinary choices when it enters service June 3. Two new offerings will include Bonsai Sushi, the line’s first full-service sushi restaurant, and an open-air barbecue venue called Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ.
To celebrate Carnival Breeze’s new dining choices, today Carnival Cruise Lines is launching a sweepstakes on its Facebook fan page tied to another of the ship’s dining spots, the Mexican-themed BlueIguana Cantina. The sweepstakes asks fans to choose their favorite burrito or taco toppings available at the casual dining venue for a chance to win a Caribbean cruise for two on the new 130,000-ton “Fun Ship,” along with round-trip air transportation.
Here’s a look at the Carnival Breeze’s dining choices:
- Bonsai Sushi – Carnival’s first full-service sushi restaurant, Bonsai Sushi offers Asian-inspired delicacies with a contemporary decor featuring artwork by graffiti artist Erni Vales, colorful koi kites flown during impromptu celebrations and several Bonsai trees. Located along Promenade Deck, Bonsai Sushi includes a number of varieties of sushi, sashimi, and rolls along with bento boxes, with prices ranging from $1 for appetizer-sized portions to $15 for a sushi ship for two.
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ – this complimentary open-air dining venue located on Promenade Deck offers grilled favorites, including barbecued chicken breast, kielbasa, Italian sausage, and Fat Jimmy’s signature item, pulled pork sandwiches, along with traditional sides like baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and mini-corn muffins.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings created in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri.
- BlueIguana Cantina – offering authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at a salsa and toppings bar.
- The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez – featuring comedic performances and an extensive menu of brunch-time favorites.
- Fahrenheit 555 – a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks and other gourmet fare (venue will carry a surcharge consistent with other steakhouses in the Carnival fleet).
- Cucina del Capitano – a family-style restaurant with dishes such as Piatto della Nonna, inspired by the grandma of Carnival Breeze Captain Vincenzo Alcaras with penne pasta, crispy shrimp and prosciutto in a vodka cream sauce (venue will serve as a free lunch-time pasta bar during the day with a nominal charge for dinner).
- Lido Marketplace – a casual poolside eatery offering international favorites, from paninis and 24-hour pizza to Indian Tandoori and a Mongolian Wok station and just about everything in between.
- "The Comfort Kitchen” – a new venue located within Lido Marketplace offering American-style “comfort food.”
- Ocean Plaza – an indoor/outdoor café serving cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos as well as pastries and other confections.
- RedFrog Pub – an island-themed pub where guests can nosh on Caribbean-inspired fare.
- Serenity – salads, sandwiches, wraps and other light fare available at the ship’s exclusive adults-only retreat.
- The Taste Bar – complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by Carnival dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery’s particular theme available for purchase.
- Sea Dogs – a hot dog-shaped cart within the SportSquare outdoor recreation area offering all-beef franks and traditional toppings (debuts on Carnival Breeze in November).
Following an inaugural 12-day cruise from Venice departing June 3, 2012, Carnival Breeze will operate a series of 12-day Mediterranean voyages from Barcelona through Oct. 25, 2012. After its trans-Atlantic crossing, Carnival Breeze will sail year-round from Miami beginning Nov. 24, 2012, offering port-intensive six- and eight-day cruises.
For more information, visit www.carnival.com.