Carnival Conquest, the next Carnival Cruise Lines (www.goccl.com) ship to receive Fun Ship 2.0 initiative upgrades, will reposition from New Orleans to Miami in November 2013 to operate seven-day, year-round Caribbean sailings.
On its new Miami-based schedule, Carnival Conquest will depart every Sunday, offering two distinctly different Caribbean itineraries beginning Nov. 24, 2013.
Week-long eastern Caribbean cruises call at Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, while the western route features extended stops at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan).
Prior to the start up of its Miami-based program, Carnival Conquest will operate two special departures – a seven-day exotic eastern Caribbean cruise from New Orleans to San Juan Nov. 9-16, calling at Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic); Tortola, and St. Thomas, as well as an eight-day southern Caribbean voyage from San Juan to Miami Nov. 16-24, visiting St. Kitts; Dominica, St. Maarten, Antigua, and Grand Turk.
Drydock This Fall
Carnival Conquest’s dry dock will take place Oct. 14-28, 2012 and incorporate these and other features:
* RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside version of the RedFrog Pub, offers Caribbean rums and beers, in a laid-back island-infused atmosphere
* BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a friendly rival to the RedFrog Rum Bar, is a watering hole that specializes in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers.
* Alchemy Bar is a pharmacy-themed spot where mixologists create custom cocktails.
* EA SPORTS Bar, an interactive sports bar, allows patrons to view live sports events on televisions, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores on a 24/7 sports ticker
* Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue, serves fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings and condiments created in partnership with Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri
* BlueIguana Cantina is a free-of-charge Mexican cantina serving tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar
* The Punchliner Comedy Club & The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez, offers a line-up of comedians and a humorous twist on brunch.
* Hasbro, The Game Show makes guests the stars of the show through larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s board games; the show is presented in the ship’s main show lounge
* Playlist Productions enhances Carnival’s revues with high-tech special effects.
* DJ IRIE, the celebrity spin-master and official DJ of Carnival Cruise Lines, will train onboard DJs to elevate the DJ experience onboard.
Carnival Conquest will continue its schedule from New Orleans through Nov. 9, 2013, before repositioning to Miami.
With the Carnival Conquest, Carnival will have five ships based year-round in Miami, as well as one operating on a seasonal basis. Collectively, these six vessels will carry more than a million guests from the Port of Miami - the most of any Carnival homeport.
As previously announced, Carnival Conquest will be replaced in New Orleans by the Carnival Sunshine (the ship is currently sailing as the Carnival Destiny but will be renamed following an extensive 49-day refit that begins next winter).
Reservations are currently being accepted for the Carnival Conquest’s various departures from Miami, New Orleans and San Juan.