Carnival Cruise Line has announced that it will now serve Heavy Seas Beer, a brand from Baltimore, as the latest locally brewed beer to be featured on a Carnival ship. Heavy Seas is now served on Carnival Pride, which sails seven-day cruises year-round from the Port of Baltimore.
With the addition of Heavy Seas’ pirate-themed Loose Cannon and Crossbones beers, Carnival ships now offer a selection of craft beers and microbrews with more than a dozen locally brewed beers from cities and states where its ships are homeported.
Craft beers and microbrews are also available on ships operating from the following homeports and cruising regions:
- Galveston: Shiner Bock and Shiner Premium
- New Orleans: Abita Amber and Abita Purple Haze
- Florida: Tampa-brewed Cigar City Florida Cracker and Cigar City Invasion Pale Ale
- Alaska: Alaskan Amber and Alaskan White
- Hawaii: Bikini Blonde Lager and Mana Wheat beers from Maui Brewing Co.
Additional specialty beers from breweries in New York, California and Florida are scheduled to be added in the near future.