|The Alchemy Bar is the place to go to find unique drinks on board the Carnival Liberty. // (c) 2011 Carnival Cruise Lines.|
Carnival Liberty re-entered service following two-weeks in dry dock, gaining several enhancements as part of the $500 million Fun Ship 2.0 enhancement initiative.
The first phase of Carnival's initiative involves enhancing 16 ships through the end of 2015 with standardized features.
New features on the Carnival Liberty include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a new casual dining venue developed in partnership with Food Network restaurateur Guy Fieri, offering hand-crafted burgers.
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside version of the line’s RedFrog Pub that debuted on Carnival Magic.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, featuring a Mexican-themed atmosphere and a variety of tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a casual eatery that evoking the feeling of a Mexican beachside dining spot serving tacos and burritos.
- EA Sports Bar, created in tandem with sports videogame brand where guests can catch the latest action and play EA Sports video games on a 16-screen video wall.
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with imaginative cocktails and a wide array of ingredients.-
- A revamped nightclub experience with DJs trained by DJ IRIE, Carnival’s official DJ who created DJ IRIE’s Spin’iversity, the first DJ academy at sea.
Carnival Liberty’s dry dock also included new carpeting, tile work, wall coverings and furniture, as well as other cosmetic upgrades and routine maintenance. A Serenity adults-only retreat was also added and offers colorful umbrellas, comfortable chaise lounges and chairs and oversized whirlpools.