|Carnival's Travel Partner Toolbox was created by utilizing direct feedback from travel partners and Carnival's travel partner advisory committee. // (c) 2011 Carnival Cruise Lines..|
Carnival has assembled a new all-in-one virtual “Travel Partner Toolbox,” enabling travel partners to access trade support and sales-boosting resources via the line’s travel agent portal GoCCL.com.
Created as a direct result from travel partner feedback and with guidance from Carnival’s travel partner advisory committee, the toolbox is filled with popular sales tools as well as a variety of new features including a travel partner rewards program, a centralized area for product updates, revised group deposit policies, new hard copy marketing materials and more.
“Over the last several months, we’ve met with thousands of travel partners and heard loud and clear that we needed better sales and marketing tools and easier access to existing tools while incorporating a little more fun into the overall sales process,” said Joni Rein, vice president of worldwide sales. “We took this feedback very seriously and worked closely with our travel partners and business development managers to create the Travel Agent Toolbox. Within it, we’ve re-organized many of the tools our partners use and created some fantastic new ones, too.”
The Travel Partner Toolbox features nine tool categories. New features for travel partners include:
▪ Rewards Program: Partners will now have the opportunity to earn and redeem points toward a variety of Carnival-branded gifts, gift cards, and Apple iPads. Points are earned by creating new bookings and servicing existing bookings on GoCCL.com, completing Carnival Cruise Lines University training, attending FAMs and ship visits and other resources.
▪ Product Updates: A centralized place for partners to easily find information on new ship details and features, itinerary changes and more. Also features brand new “interactive itineraries” where partners may click on a Carnival departure point and find out more details regarding sailings from that port.
▪ Marketing Tools: Carnival’s “Cruise Party in a Box” kit offers tools for hosting an at-home selling party. Travel partners will also be pleased to find two new hard-copy tools: FUN-damentals, a tri-fold marketing piece filled with information on ships, destinations and itineraries; and FUN-Decks, a new deck plan tool. Additional resources, including BizBuilder, e-brochures and marketing videos, are located within this tool.
▪ Group Deposit News: Based on popular feedback from travel partners, Carnival is changing its group deposit policy of $25 per person from 30 to 60 days after blocking space for most itineraries. For large groups, the line is simplifying the terms of deposit regardless of ship, cruise length or itinerary. In addition, Carnival is introducing new penalty guidelines if a large group modification is made before 240 days prior to sailing, an added convenience for travel partners and their clients.
▪ It’s All About You: Carnival has created a “Trade Engagement Team,” which provides a customized experience for partners by providing specific tips on how to grow their business and answers general sales questions through inbound calls and emails.
Additional tools featuring re-organized, existing resources include:
▪ Working Smarter Not Harder: A collection of online booking and servicing tools designed to free up time for busy travel partners.
▪ Revamped Carnival Cruise Lines University: Carnival’s online training course has an updated Bachelor’s of Fun degree with new information.
▪ Awesome Events: Information on Carnival’s various travel partner events, including [email protected], Fun-tastic FAM weekends, Shipboard Luncheons, From Your Home to Ours and Executive Road Shows.
▪ Sales Central: Filled with Carnival’s latest promotions including 72-Hour and Cash Back sales, as well as everyday programs such as Early Saver, Pack-and-Go and Resident Specials. Travel partners will find customizable flyers here in order to share them with their clients quickly and easily.