Celebrity Cruises has released the details on its 2018 and 2019 cruise season, including new ports of call in Australia, New Zealand, and the Caribbean, as well as expanded itineraries in the Arabian Peninsula, India, East Asia, South America and the Panama Canal.
South America and Panama Canal
For the first time, a Solstice Class ship will sail to South America with new-to-class destinations including Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well as a visit to Antarctica. Celebrity Eclipse’s South American itineraries include:
- 14-night sailings between Chile and Argentina
- Two roundtrip Argentina sailings to Antarctica
- 10-night sailing to Brazil departing from Buenos Aires
- 11-night Signature Event Sailing with a double overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro to experience Rio Carnaval
Each destination will be brought to life on board with cultural experiences such as Argentine Tango classes and authentic Latin American cuisine and vintage tastings. Guests can also embark on chef-led Uniquely Celebrity Shore Excursions, Chef’s Market Discoveries, in various countries across South America, including Argentina and Uruguay.
Australia and New Zealand
Citing guest demand, Celebrity said it is sending Celebrity Solstice back to Australia and New Zealand with new ports of call. Itineraries will include:
- 10- to 14-night open-jaw sailings from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand (and vice versa)
- 13-night adventures at new ports of call that explore the most exotic locales in the South Pacific:
- Apia, Samoa
- Vava’u, Tonga
- Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Two 16-night itineraries along the Southern Coast of Australia to New Zealand – one from Auckland to Freemantle and another from Freemantle to Auckland
- 10-night Great Barrier Reef sailings with opportunities to swim, snorkel, and dive
- As part of this itinerary, guests will get to enjoy a new Multi-Day Adventure with an overnight at the Great Barrier Reef, camping under the stars on the Moore Reef Pontoon
- Overnight stay in Hobart, Tasmania, where guests can enjoy the Georgian and Victorian era architecture and shop the pedestrian mall on Elizabeth Street
An enrichment program and partnership with the Australia Zoo will allow guests to become experts on the wildlife from down under, from koalas to coral.
Aboard Celebrity Constellation, guests can visit destinations in the Arabian Peninsula, India, and Southeast Asia. These itineraries include:
- Grand Spice Route Tour – A 29-night journey comprised of two sailings from the Arabian Peninsula (Abu Dhabi) to East Asia (Shanghai),
- Follow the path of the ancient spice trade route with stops in Dubai, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Sri Lanka, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh, and more
- 14 cities in seven different countries with overnight stays in Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong
- 12- to 15-night sailings from Abu Dhabi visiting India and southeast Asia
- Africa and the Arabian Peninsula package
- Experience a safari in Tanzania with lodging, fully-guided tours, air travel, and a Celebrity Concierge paired with a cruise around the Arabian coast and India
Following Celebrity Millennium’s multi-million dollar dry dock in May 2016, which included the addition of the “A Taste of Film” gastronomic experience, the vessel is offering a variety of Asian itineraries, including 13- to 14-night sailings roundtrip and open-ended from Tokyo (Yokohoma), Shanghai (Baoshan), Hong Kong, and Singapore.
Guests will be able to take part in Chef’s Market Discoveries excursions in Phuket, Thailand, enjoy an Arabian meal under the stars with Abu Dhabi’s Enchanted Desert excursion, or take in a Chiran and Ibusuki Sand Bath wellness treatment experience in Kagoshima, Japan.
Signature Event Sailings in Asia
Celebrity Constellation’s newest Signature Event Sailing will transport guests to Hong Kong’s biggest celebration, the Chinese New Year. Celebrity Millennium will also be visiting the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, where guests will have prime viewing as thousands of glowing lanterns are released into the night sky to celebrate the first full moon of the Chinese New Year, each carrying a handwritten wish to the heavens.
Bermuda and Canada/New England
Celebrity reintroduces the chance to discover New England and Bermuda separately or together with itineraries including:
- Seven-night sailings from Cape Liberty to King’s Wharf, Bermuda with three days and two nights in Bermuda
- 11-night Independence Day/Canada Day Signature Event Sailings with an overnight stay in Boston for the Fourth of July and an overnight stay in Halifax to celebrate Canada’s birthday
- 14-night combined Canada and New England sailings in the fall. Overnight calls to Quebec, calls to Boston, and Halifax, among others.
- 10-night combined New England and Bermuda sailing with stops in King’s Wharf, Bermuda; Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine
Guests can travel through Nova Scotia in the Eskasoni Cultural Journey, where guests can explore the culture of the Mi’Kmaq people. Gourmands can tour Côtes-a-Côtes and indulge in Canadian delicacies with the Uniquely Celebrity World Flavors Taste Quebec’s Diverse Wine, Cheese and Delicacies excursion.
Celebrity Equinox will sail to the Caribbean year-round. For winter 2018-19 only, among the itineraries will be a newly redesigned four-port eastern Caribbean sailing, making stops in San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas; Nassau, Bahamas; and a new port of call along the Coconut Coast, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Celebrity’s quick escapes to the Caribbean for time-crunched vacationers include four- and five-night sailings aboard Celebrity Infinity from Fort Lauderdale, with alternating visits to Key West and Cozumel, and Key West and Nassau.
The Solstice-class ship will depart from Fort Lauderdale to the southern Caribbean on itineraries including nine-night sailings to Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao, and 12-night sailings to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, and St. Kitts/Nevis.
The newest and largest ship in the Celebrity fleet, Celebrity Reflection will continue to offer the vessel’s itineraries, including:
- 10-night Ultimate Caribbean voyage, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale and visiting St. Johns, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; with an overnight in Philipsburg, St. Maarten
- Three 11-night Ultimate Caribbean sailing also roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, visiting Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; with an overnight in Cartagena, Colombia; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico
- Four 11-night Ultimate Caribbean sailings roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale will visit Grand Cayman, Columbia, Curacao, and Bonaire in the southern Caribbean with overnights in Aruba
From Bermuda to the Caribbean, Celebrity Summit will offer a variety of unique sailings, homeporting in San Juan, Puerto Rico for the full winter season, including:
- Alternating seven-night Southern Caribbean sailings:
- The first calling at St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Roseau, Dominica;; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Bridgetown, Barbados; and St. George’s, Grenada
- The second visiting Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. Johns, Antigua; St. Kitts & Nevis; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- 10-night Lesser Antilles voyage, also calling at Kingstown, St. Vincent; St. George’s, Grenada; Castries, St. Lucia; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and also St. Johns, Antigua
- 11-night Dutch Antilles cruise calling St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Willemstad, Curacao; with an overnight in Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Additional 12-night Dutch Antilles itineraries calling alternate ports, including Fort De France, Martinique; and Ponce, Puerto Rico.
Caribbean shore excursions will include an exclusive three-course meal preparation at the personal home of one of Antigua’s most respected chefs, Nicole Arthurton, with the brand’s At Home with Chef Nicole excursion. Travelers can experience the incredible Colombian night life with the Unique Dining and Carriage Ride Experience in Cartagena’s Walled City excursion.