Celebrity Cruises just announced a new lineup of destination experience in Europe, with new offerings ranging from tours of Greece curated by Celebrity’s own Greek officers; to opportunities to explore local markets with an expert chef; to adventure-fueled experiences curated by a world adventurer; to racing along the French Riviera in a Lamborghini.
The Real Greece
New for 2016, guests can experience Greece through the lens of Celebrity’s Greek officers. A curated menu of shore excursions have been specially designed and selected by the ship’s officers who call Greece home.
Guests will soon be able to discover some of the officer’s favorite local spots while exploring one of the seven Greek ports that Celebrity visits. More details will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Chef’s Market Discoveries
Guests can dive into the local flavors of Europe with Celebrity’s new “Chef’s Market Discoveries” shore excursions. Vacationers are taken on a journey through local markets and shops guided by the onboard chef, who will pick fresh local ingredients for a specially crafted, private dinner that night onboard. Highlights from the European collection include:
- Meeting local artisans at a food market in Rhodes, Greece and enjoying homemade Greek specialties at a family tavern
- Exploring the Botanical Park of Askordalos in Chania, Crete, and cooking a traditional Cretan dish
- Experiencing how Limoncello, olive oil and mozzarella cheese are made, while traveling from Naples to the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento, Italy
Celebrity has expanded its Uniquely Celebrity excursions for the 2016 Europe season to include:
- Touring Cape Sounian during an overnight stay in Athens, Greece, with sunset views over the Greek Temple of Poseidon and Aegean coastline
- Visiting the Organic Winery of Assimomitis to learn about wine production in Mykonos, Greece followed by a food tasting, accompanied by the ship’s sommelier
Guests looking for a more personalized experience in Europe can select a Celebrity Exclusive. Highlights include:
- A ride along the French Riviera in a classic Lamborghini or Ferrari
- Sailing Mykonos on a private luxury yacht, visiting some of the lesser known beaches of the island
Adventurer, broadcaster and author Ben Fogle has curated a list of “Great Adventures” for 2016. These include:
- Soft-rafting on the Tiber River to see Rome
- Swimming, cycling and kayaking in Croatia, on an active journey from Dubrovnik along the Adriatic coastline