Princess Cruises’ Crown Princess has completed a 10-day drydock in the Bahamas that added a number of new amenities to the cruise ship ahead of its summer season in the Mediterranean. Officially completed last month, the updates are part of Princess’ $450 million “Come Back New Promise” fleet enhancement campaign.
Following the drydock, Crown Princess now displays the line's signature logo on its bow and has new and enhanced offerings onboard including:
- Top-Deck Dining Venues – Four Princess top-deck outdoor dining offerings have been revitalized, renamed and enhanced, including:
- The Salty Dog Grill (formerly Trident Grill) – Serves a variety of signature Princess burgers grilled up with 100 percent all-beef patties and buns freshly baked onboard, as well as new Street Tacos made with grilled chipotle-lime chicken or roasted sweet potato-green chile. For a nominal charge, "The Ernesto" burger, from Chef Ernesto Uchimura, is also available. Guests can accompany their selections with loaded fries in varieties including chili cheese and bacon & cheese. Classic hot dogs round out the menu offerings at the new on-deck dining venue.
- Slice (formerly Prego Pizzeria) – Serving west coast and east coast offerings, Princess guests will enjoy the cruise line's signature Neapolitan-style pizza. New menu items include Deep Dish Focaccia layered with marinara, meatballs and cheese, California Artisanal Toast including Cali-Avocado or Caprese, as well as Sliced Stromboli, an east coast take on an Italian calzone filled with deli meats and cheese.
- Coffee & Cones (formerly Sundaes Ice Cream Bar) – Offering ice-cream sandwiches, complimentary ice cream cones and now brewing specialty coffee on the top deck, serving New Grounds Crafted Coffee.
- The Mix (formerly Mermaid's Tale) – The poolside bar has been refreshed with brightly lit surroundings that aim to create a festive atmosphere.
- Princess Luxury Bed – Available in every stateroom aboard Crown Princess, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with board-certified sleep expert, Dr. Michael Breus and HGTV designer Candice Olson.
- Club Class Mini-Suites – Crown Princess now has Club Class Mini-Suites, the new premium stateroom category with VIP amenities and exclusive dining. This elevated mini-suite category includes select perks, such as new Club Class Dining, a reserved dining area with expedited seating and expanded menu options, as well as priority embarkation and disembarkation.
- Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center – For cruisers ages 3-17, Crown Princess will have a reimagined youth center – Camp Discovery – created in partnership with Discovery, as part of the cruise line's Discovery at SEA program. Catering to specific age groups, kids and teens can make new friends and participate in activities specially designed to help them discover, play, create and huddle. Camp Discovery programs are being delivered onboard while Princess continues further updates, which will be completed by early summer.
- Enhanced Boutiques – The drydock included aesthetic enhancements to the Shops of Princess, as well as new shopping experiences, such as a branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique. There will also be new products to choose from, including a collection of Princess branded athletic wear and logo apparel displayed in a newly designed Logo shop.
- Casino – The project added new carpet, light fixtures and bar TV screens.
- Lotus Spa & Fitness Center – The salon and treatments rooms, as well as the fitness equipment, have been upgraded.
The drydock also included further general refurbishing and technical updates.
The enhancements are making their debut at the start of Crown Princess’ summer season in the Mediterranean, which will include calls at ports such as Barcelona, Athens and Rome. After a summer in the Mediterranean, the ship will head to the Caribbean.