|The Crystal Serenity will be visiting Slovenia for the 20th anniversary of its independence. // (c) 2011 Crystal Cruises.|
Crystal Cruises is making a maiden call in Slovenia for its 20th anniversary as an independent nation. As part of its November 16 “Italian Splendor” sailing, the Crystal Serenity will visit medieval Koper, Slovenia. Six new shore excursions will be available, allowing guests to visit castles, wine tastings, and coastal hamlets.
Guests can explore Koper, or, join a Crystal Adventure to:
· Ljubljana: The country’s capital and a former center of Yugoslavian music and arts, built on cobblestone streets and architecture ranging from the Baroque to the Neo-classical of local architect Joze Plecnik.
· Bled & Miramare Castles: Two castles--one, the oldest in Slovenia (dating to 1011); the other, a 19th century Austro-Hungarian castle of the Habsburg era.
· Postojna Cave: Twelve miles of underground stalactite-filled passages, galleries, and chambers, with the world’s only operating cave train.
· Wine Region: A wine-tasting visit to a Slovenian winemaker.
· Piran: A Mediterranean-style coastal town, full of Venetian Gothic buildings and narrow streets.
· Portorož: A beachside resort hub for sunbathing, swimming and thermal spas.
· Trieste: A crossroads of Germanic, Latin, Austro-Hungarian, and Slavic trade and culture, located over Slovenia’s border in Italy.
Apart from Koper, the 11-day Thanksgiving sailing visits: Venice (embarkation overnight), Dubrovnik, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Florence and Barcelona (debarkation overnight).
Fall sale fares start at $4,970 per person based on double occupancy, and include free air from 24 North American gateways (or air credit), $1,000 per person “All Inclusive—As You Wish” shipboard spending credit, additional savings, credits and perks for traveling with someone new-to-Crystal (“Bonus Share the Experience” program). Family or friend groups of ten or more can enjoy “Crystal Family Memories” bonuses.
A seven-day option is also available from Venice to Rome. Special fares start at just $3,200 per person based on double occupancy, and include free air from New York (JFK) and a $500 per person “All Inclusive—As You Wish” shipboard spending credit.