Crystal Cruises is offering nine new maiden calls. The world’s most northern city and Ireland’s most Gaelic town join a collection of romantic destinations, such as Barcelona and Venice, along with less-visited ports, like Korçula, Croatia; Greenock, Scotland; and Kristiansand, Norway, for a collection of 39 Northern Europe, Western Europe and Mediterranean itineraries ranging from five to 16 days. New in 2014 are:
· Oban, Scotland – The “Gateway to the Isles” includes a small, bayside city, with locally-made Celtic jewelry, single malt Scotch whisky and tartan kilts coloring the brogue experience.
· Ferrol, Spain – Ferrol emphasizes watersports and beach exploration.
· Londonderry, Northern Ireland – 400-year-old walls serve as a promenade around the inner “maiden,” city, which was also named the UK’s City of Culture 2013.
· Santander, Spain – Santander offers blue shoreline, green mountain ranges and welcoming residents is.
· Alta, Norway – The northernmost city on the planet, Alta includes massive fjords, one of Europe’s largest gorges and 5,000-year-old rock carvings designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
· Galway, Ireland – Guests can enjoy the talents of the musicians and artists in the city, or join the Gaelic-speaking locals in a pub as they sing traditional Irish songs.
· Ibiza, Spain – The island splits its reputation between the “Undisputed Party Capital of the World” and the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, with as many historical sites as dance clubs and picturesque beaches to visit.
· Skagen, Denmark – Couples can witness the crashing waves as the Baltic and North Seas meet, and meander among the characteristic red-tiled yellow houses that dot the coastline.
· St. Helier/Jersey, Channel Islands – On an island lined of flowers, St. Helier is a wedding destination, and includes the Elizabeth Castle.
For more information, visit www.crystalcruises.com.