Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa is coming aboard Crystal Serenity this May to serve as in-person executive chef of Silk Road and the Sushi Bar, his specialty restaurants with partner Crystal Cruises. The Japanese chef plans to give cooking instructions, personally prepare dishes, take pictures with guests and sign autographs during a 12-day western European and Mediterranean voyage departing May 24.
· Nightly appearances and guest mingling in Silk Road and the Sushi Bar
· Special add-on “Omakase” dinner, with sake and sake champagne pairings chosen by sake master Fumio Hazu, the man behind Nobu’s exclusive “living” Hokosetsu sake, plus explanations of each course by both.
· Hands-on cooking class in Crystal’s kitchen for 10-12 guests
· Cooking demonstration for all guests
· Autograph signings of “NOBU’S Vegetarian Cookbook” and “NOBU the Cookbook”
· Photo opportunities
· Sake tasting with Japanese hors d’oeuvres, hosted by Mr. Hazu
Chef Heinz Beck, of Rome’s three Michelin Star La Pergola, Mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim, and Master Sommelier Bob Bath are also scheduled to host tastings and demonstrations during the “Wine and Food”-themed cruise. A seven-course “Ultimate Vintage Room Dinner” prepared by Beck and Bath will feature impossible-to-purchase fine wines for approximately $1,000 per person.
The “Bordeaux and Beyond” sailing departs from London or Dover for Bordeaux or Bassens (overnight), Lisbon, Gibraltar, Monte Carlo (overnight), Florence or Livorno, Porto Venere, and Rome or Civitavecchia. Until Feb. 28, fares for the 12-day cruise start at $3,955 per person, double occupancy, including $1,000 per person in “Book Now” savings. Air add-ons are available from 90 U.S. and Canadian cities, with additional savings via Crystal’s Family Memories and Bonus Share the Experience programs.