Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic announced that National Geographic Orion will undergo renovations to two public spaces during dry dock this September. The renovations will be made to two public spaces: The Lounge (main) and the Observation Lounge.
- The current library will be removed from The Lounge, providing an additional 20 percent of space that will enable seating now for all guests and expedition team at once.
- The Lounge will have a “circle of truth” in the center (as on National Geographic Explorer), which will serve as the focal area for all presentations and recap discussions by the ship’s expedition team and experts.
- A newly designed bar.
- Updating of all furnishings and carpets in a modern, expedition style.
- Upgrade of all audio and visual functions including large high definition flat screens and contemporary audio system.
- The Observation Lounge will undergo a complete refurbishment and layout change, and will feature an library, nautical chart table, and a self-serve beverage station.
The renovations are being done by ICF Singapore, and will be completed in time for the Sept. 16, 2014 Wild Encounters from Borneo to Bali expedition.
For more information, visit www.expeditions.com.