MSC Cruises and PortMiami commenced the updates and construction on cruise Terminal F at PortMiami. The new terminal will provide modern amenities as well as an entirely new building in order to house both of MSC Cruises' newest ships, MSC Seaside and MSC Divina. The MSC Divina is currently sailing year-round from Terminal F at PortMiami.
The groundbreaking of the Terminal F renovation and expansion project comes after the float out ceremony for MSC Seaside, the first time the ship was set into water.
Along with PortMiami, MSC Cruises has been actively involved in the entire process of designing the new cruise terminal, with enhancements that include:
- Expanded waiting area with seating for up to 1,500 guests
- Expanded and improved VIP private waiting area to accommodate members of the MSC Yacht Club on MSC Seaside
- Separate priority waiting areas and lines for MSC Black Card members and guests booked in the Aurea Experience
- A more flexible and efficient baggage claim area
- Facility advancements to accommodate the smart ship technology available on MSC Seaside
The terminal, being renovated and expanded by Munilla Construction Management, is expected to be ready by December 1, 2017, just prior to MSC Seaside’s arrival in PortMiami on December 21, 2017, where it will join MSC Divina in sailing year-round to the Caribbean.