MSC Cruises is preparing for its 2009-10 Caribbean season that includes the arrival of MSC Poesia in North American waters, a wide variety of special theme cruises and interesting itineraries.
The family-owned line is bringing MSC Poesia to Fort Lauderdale for a season featuring itineraries of three, five-, seven-, eight- and 10-nights throughout the Caribbean and to Bermuda during the winter season before returning to Europe in spring 2010.
MSC Poesia features 1,275 staterooms, of which 80 percent are outside staterooms and 65 percent have a balcony. There will be two pools and four hot tubs, a 13,000-square-foot spa, and four restaurants.
MSC Poesia will arrive in Fort Lauderdale November 10, after a 17-night transatlantic journey from Venice. The Caribbean season will include:
* Five-night sailings: November 10-15
* 10-night itineraries: November 20, Novemvber 30, December 10
* Seven-night Christmas itinerary, departing December 20
* Seven-night New Year's itinerary, departing December 27
* Seven-night itineraries - a variety of eastern and western itineraries January 16 - April 10
* Seven-night Bermuda itinerary departing April 17 features three nights in Bermuda
* Three-night Bahamas cruise, departing April 24
MSC Poesia also departs Fort Lauderdale April 27 on an 18-night voyage to Hamburg.
Guests can experience an extensive lineup of theme cruises during the 2009-10 season, including:
* President's Cruise: November 10,— a five-night "Caribbean Escape"
* Latin Music: January 23— a seven-night "Eastern Caribbean Enchantment"
* Comedy: January 30— a seven-night "Eastern Caribbean Enchantment"
* Country Music: February 20— a seven-night "Eastern Caribbean Enchantment"
* Oldies Music: March 20— a seven-night "Eastern Caribbean Dream"
* Festa Italiana: April 10— a seven-night "Island Treasures & Ancient Temples"
* Baseball Greats: November 20— a 10-night "Dazzling Dutch Caribbean & The Panama Canal"; seven-night sailings ar January 16 and February 6 "Island Treasures & Ancient Temples"; March 6 "Eastern Caribbean Enchantment"; April 3 "Eastern Caribbean Dream."
* Big Band: December 10— 10-night "Remarkable Rainforests & The Panama Canal"
* Polka: January 9— a seven-night "Eastern Caribbean Enchantment"
* Baseball Greats & Big Band: February 27— a seven-night "Island Treasures & Ancient Temples"