MSC Cruises has launched a new mobile app for iOS and Android aimed at allowing travelers to explore the fleet's 12 ships and the destinations MSC Cruises visits.
The app, which is free to download from the App Store and Google Play, offers tips and information, as well as functions that rangefrom itinerary finding and shore excursions to 360 degree virtual ship tours in which users can view staterooms, restaurants, lounges, pool decks, the theatre and spa.
Key functions of the app include:
· View hundreds of MSC Cruises’ worldwide itineraries and info about the destinations and ports visited.
· Find all the latest cruise deals and news from MSC Cruises.
· Take virtual tours of the 12 ships in the fleet including staterooms, restaurants, public lounges and sun decks.
· Watch live onboard webcam feeds from each ship (including the view from the bridge).
· Save “favorite” cruises of interest so that they can easily be viewed later.
· Track the fleet in real time through a global positioning feature.
The line said the app is the first phase of a strategic effort by MSC to enhance the overall user experience. Throughout the year, MSC will introduce improved consumer and travel agent platforms.