Norwegian Cruise Line has announced an expanded sales team that will support travel partners in Canada. Building on Norwegian’s Partners First program, the new announcement is a part of the line's expansion of its North American sales team.
The new Canadian team will be led by Dana Gain, who has been appointed the national director for sales, overseeing all aspects of Norwegian’s sales strategy in Canada. Dana will lead a team of six business development managers dedicated to growing the number of guests sourced from the Canadian market and expanding the agency base partnering with Norwegian Cruise Line. Dana was most recently director of international sales for Carnival Cruise Line.
The rest of the team includes:
- Mary-Jo Cutaia, who has been named business development manager for Western Ontario.
- Ian Smyth, who joins Norwegian as the business development manager for Eastern Ontario. Smyth has spent the last eight years as the sales representative for WestJet and WestJet Vacations. Prior to his time at WestJet, Smyth spent many years with a Canadian wholesaler with a focus on cruise.
- Ramon Jacinto continues his role as the business development manager for Western Canada. Ramon joined Norwegian in 2013, having previously held sales positions at WestJet and WestJet Vacations and the Richmond Tourism Association.
- Sabrina Greca, previously the business development manager for Quebec, has been appointed the business development manager for strategic accounts. In her new role, Greca will develop and grow Norwegian’s partnerships with Canadian tour operators and wholesalers.
- Alexandre Bergeron joins Norwegian as the business development manager for Quebec. Bergeron was most recently with Transat Holidays, where he was nominated for “BDM of the Year” in Quebec.
- Ilanit Zimmermann joins the Canadian team as the Miami-based business development manager covering parts of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Maritimes.