Norwegian Cruise Line has named South Florida-based Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, its 2016 Elite Agency of the Year. Cruise Planners was selected for this top honor based on their ongoing commitment to the success of Norwegian Cruise Line, their overall revenue, continued growth, and loyalty to Norwegian’s brand, Norwegian said.
Norwegian Cruise Line also recognized the following travel partners in their respective categories:
- Elite Partner of the Year: Cruise Planners
- Marketing Partner of the Year: Travel Leaders Network (Vacation.com)
- Consortia Partner of the Year: Signature Travel Network
- ITP/Home Based Partner of the Year: Travel Planners International
- Franchise Partner of the Year: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Partner of the Year – Canada: Travel Professionals International
- Partner of the Year – Western Region: Travel Leaders Lynnwood
- Partner of the Year – Eastern Region: Cruises & Tours Unlimited
- Breakout Partner of the Year: KHM
- Online Partner of the Year: International Voyager
- Tour Operator Partner of the Year: Cross Culture Tours
- Wholesale/Tour Operator of the Year: Air Canada Vacations
- CM&I Partner of the Year: Hospitality Performance Network Global
- CM&I Breakout Partner of the Year: Entertainment Cruise Productions
- CM&I Charter Partner of the Year: Landry & Kling Events at Sea
Norwegian also honored Jackie Friedman of Nexion, part of the Travel Leaders Network, as the line’s Travel Agent Advocate of the Year, an award for individual contribution to the trade. A longtime ASTA supporter, Jackie is a strong advocate of the entire travel industry, leading one of the industry’s top host agencies, Norwegian said.
As a show of appreciation, Cruise Planners will receive one cruise for two guests in The Haven by Norwegian. All of the other winners will receive a seven-day cruise for two in a balcony stateroom on the Norwegian Cruise Line ship of their choosing.