As part of its ongoing Pillars of Distinction initiative – the most significant product investment in the company’s history – Oceania Cruises has announced the second phase of fleet-wide enhancements.
These multimillion-dollar updates are in addition to the previously announced physical enhancements being made during the regularly scheduled dry-docks for Regatta, Insignia and Nautica.
* An expanded menu of “Jacques Pepin Signature Items” in the Grand Dining Rooms
* Evening menus in the Terrace Café will focus on regional specialties from the area the ship is sailing
* Gourmet VIP canapé service for all suite guests now includes a wider array of specialty, gourmand-inspired delicacies which are presented on new, custom-designed china
* Espresso and Cappuccino from the famed Illy Coffee of Italy
* Free shuttle service in more than 90 ports worldwide where the ship is docked away from the city center
* Introduction of production shows created by the legendary Gary J. Musik company that feature a full ensemble and original choreography
* Dramatically faster internet speeds as a result of new partnership with MTN
* Complimentary in-suite newspaper delivery for Owner’s, Vista and Oceania suites
* Upgraded bath amenities and toiletries in all accommodations, including Bulgari for Concierge-level and suite guests
* Laptops, currently featured in all Owner’s and Vista suites on Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, will be added to all Penthouse Suites
* iPads for all Owner’s, Vista and Oceania suites Pillars of Distinction amenities will be featured on Oceania Cruises’ new Marina, scheduled for delivery in January 2011, and sister ship Riviera, which joins the fleet in April 2012 and be introduced aboard Regatta, Insignia and Nautica in the spring of 2011.