Oceania Cruises welcomed Regatta back to the fleet following an extensive dry dock, making it the final ship of three sister ships to undergo a massive $50 million collective refurbishment. The ship set sail on a 10-night “Majesty of Alaska” voyage, signaling the beginning of another summer season in Alaska for Oceania Cruises. Sister ships Nautica and Insignia emerged from dry dock and reentered service last month. Renovating three ships from bow to stern in a six-week time period marks the largest refurbishment program in Oceania Cruises’ history.
The multimillion-dollar makeover brought many of the interior design elements from the award-winning Marina and Riviera ships to Insignia, Nautica and Regatta while maintaining the warmth, intimacy and charm Oceania Cruises’ guests cherish in the 684-passenger ships. In addition to elegant new furnishings and décor for all public rooms, suites and staterooms, Regatta added several new guest experiences, including the ever-popular Baristas coffee bar, a cook-to-order grill at Terrace Café and new outdoor recreation on the Sports Deck.
Notable Enhancements Include:
- Suites & Staterooms: There are significant updates to the Owner’s and Vista Suites with an all-new bathroom design that is elegant, yet contemporary in nature. The bathroom features wall-to-wall marble with a decorative inlay centerpiece, along with an expansive granite vanity that sits opposite an inviting oversized shower. The Penthouse Suites received all-new furnishings, rich upholstery and a vibrant, yet calming palette that reflects the sea, sun and sky. All staterooms were appointed with new décor elements featuring a refreshing sense of style and elegance.
- Terrace Café: The main casual dining option on board the ship is brand new from top to bottom. A collection of new furnishings, floorings, fixtures and lighting accompanies the floor-to-ceiling window views. Also new is the cook-to-order grill including steaks, chops and lobster tail.
- Baristas: The coffee bar where baristas prepare complimentary illy brand espressos and cappuccinos throughout the day now makes its debut on Regatta. Baristas is the perfect location to relax with a beverage in one of the comfortable lounge chairs or sofas and is centrally located on deck 5, near the Grand Dining Room.
- Upper Decks: The Sports Deck, located atop the ship, received new golf putting greens and shuffleboard courts, along with other deck games. The main pool area, ringed with sun beds, shimmers with blue and white mosaics, contrasted with teak decking.
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub: The newly renovated Canyon Ranch SpaClub exudes a sense of tranquility with new décor elements including a flowing mosaic display. Inside the spa, guests will enjoy peaceful steam rooms with beautiful new tile mosaics, along with renovated changing areas.
- Lounges: All of the ship’s main lounges are refreshed and refurbished. Horizons bar includes a new color palette of soothing sea blues, cocoa brown and mint, complemented by new sofa, chair and table furnishings. Martinis maintains its ambiance with all-new furnishings. he Regatta Lounge was completely refurbished with new carpeting and chairs, along with luxurious new fabrics and upholsteries.
For more information, visit www.OceaniaCruises.com.