Princess Cruises has announced that it will homeport four ships in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific for the 2018-2019 season. Princess Cruises will introduce the 3,560-guest Majestic Princess to the market for its inaugural season, calling Australia home from September 2018 to March 2019. Majestic Princess will sail itineraries from Sydney and Auckland on voyages from six to 13 days in length, and will call in ports at destinations including New Zealand, Tasmania, Fiji and other islands in the South Pacific.
Open for bookings now, four Princess ships will sail from six homeports on more than 95 departures with 50 itineraries to more than 70 destinations in 18 countries. Some of the sailings include:
- Majestic Princess will sail on a 19- and 22-day Asia & Australia voyage departing from Shanghai in March 2019
- All four ships will sail to New Zealand on cruises ranging from 11-to-14 days
- Sun Princess sails 13 roundtrip departures from Sydney to New Zealand, Fiji, Tasmania and Queensland, as well as an Asia & Australia voyage sailing 19 days from Hong Kong to Sydney
- A maiden call to Moreton Island, which is located just off the Queensland coast and boasts to be one of the world’s largest sand islands, is included on the four-day Sun Princess Australia Getaway departing on January 5, 2019
- Sea Princess will make maiden calls to the Conflict Islands on her 11-day Papua New Guinea itineraries sailing from Brisbane
- Longer cruise options on Sea Princess during the season include the full 28-day Round Australia which circumnavigates the continent as well as a 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific voyage sailing in April 2019
Princess Cruises will also offer two cruisetours; The Australian Outback Cruisetour and the Ultimate Australia Cruisetour.