All-new musical experiences are coming to the stages of Silversea Cruises' five ships. The new production shows will have live singing complemented with musical tracks recorded exclusively for Silversea by artists such as London's Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Seven different shows will spotlight the talents of an international ensemble of vocalists, known collectively as the Voices of Silversea. Following is a snapshot of the three principal productions that will be performed in the main Show Lounge fleetwide:
- Musica Maestro: A grand ballroom is the backdrop for this signature show, a 45-minute tribute to operatic arias and classical crossover music. Led by conductor Richard Balcombe, its musical score has been arranged, performed and recorded by London's Royal Philharmonic Orchestra exclusively for Silversea guests.
- Mind the Gap: Mod fashions and the imagery of a London tube station propel this journey back to the 1960s and the British Invasion, with pop and rock stars such as the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Lulu, Tom Jones and more.
- Don't Stop the Music: Guests are welcome to don their best retro dancing shoes to join in this sing-along homage to the disco era's pulsating rhythms and colorful fashions -- and then take to the dance floor when the ship's DJ steps in.
Four additional shows will be rotated among the ships to provide guests with a total of four full-scale musical productions on each sailing. The additional shows include Caliente, a Latin-flavored production encompassing tunes from Spain and South America; Shaken Not Stirred, celebrating 50 years of James Bond films; Première, a chronological musical tribute to some of the world's greatest movies; and Amore, which includes timeless love songs.
Guests sailing aboard Silver Wind and Silver Cloud next week, will be treated to a sneak-preview selection of some of the new shows, all of which have been produced for Silversea by London-based Luna Rossa Productions. The entire entertainment program will then roll out fleetwide on the following voyages:
- Silver Wind, Voyage 2434, Oct. 31 - Nov. 16, Athens to Dubai
- Silver Cloud, Voyage 1434, Nov. 12 - 22, Rome to Funchal
- Silver Whisper, Voyage 4432, Nov. 25 - Dec. 12, Barbados to Barbados
- Silver Shadow, Voyage 3435, Dec. 20 - Jan. 7, Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale
- Silver Spirit, Voyage 5508, April 13 - 25, Fort Lauderdale to Lisbon
For more information, visit www.silversea.com.