Wind Star, one of three sailing yachts in Windstar Cruises’ fleet, completed a stem to stern renovation. As part of the $18 million fleet-wide renovation, Wind Star was the first yacht to receive redesigned staterooms and owner’s suites as well as enhanced public areas.
Wind Star’s décor was updated with new furnishings, upholstery, art, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments and floor coverings.
The Restaurant was transformed into the AmphorA Restaurant, including a redesigned seating layout and state-of-the-art wine display and storage. A new menu was introduced featuring dishes such as Dover sole, duck a l’orange and lobster ravioli. The Veranda’s outdoor seating was expanded, creating a mid-ship area for guests to enjoy breakfast and lunch alfresco. The interior includes a new buffet, new lighting, and epicurean style display counters. The Compass Rose was also reconfigured to open up expansively to the adjoining outdoor deck.
Other enhanced public areas include:
- The Lounge – new hardwood flooring was put in, accented with inset rugs, a new mix of contemporary furniture and a lighter color palette. A new AV system was also put in place.
- Casino – installed new sound insulation.
- Reception Area – received a make-over with new artwork and a fresh color palette.
- The Pool Bar – redesigned to offer additional alfresco seating for sunset dining at Candles Grill with new awning and deck furniture.
- Library – enhanced to promote a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Wind Spa – received a soft goods update.
Also as part of the $18-million renovation project, Windstar Cruises redesigned the fleet’s staterooms and suites. The newly enhanced rooms showcase new leather headboards, arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, window coverings, plush wool carpeting, new art work, bed cushions and bed throws. Additionally, the owner’s suite received new furniture.
The white sails that make Windstar Cruises famous were also replaced. Over 69,000 square feet of hand-crafted sails, equivalent to 1.5 acres, were ordered. Wind Spirit was the last of the fleet to receive the order.
The next phase in the renovation project will include the complete enhancement of Wind Surf, previewing on Dec. 1, 2012 and Wind Spirit, completed on Dec. 22, 2012.
For more information, visit www.windstarcruises.com.