Windstar Cruises unveiled major renovations for Star Pride’s public spaces, suites, and dining venues. Windstar takes delivery of Star Pride on April 17, 2014, the first yacht of Windstar’s 2013 purchase of three luxury cruise ships. The work to transform Star Pride into Windstar’s private yacht style will take place in Barcelona immediately following handover. Star Pride’s inaugural voyage embarks May 5, 2014.
Windstar is working in partnership with Alan McVitty and Trimline Interiors, both of whom played a part in the success of Windstar’s recent $18-million sailing fleet-wide renovation, to complete Star Pride’s stem-to-stern transformation that will renovate public spaces, dining venues, and suites.
Public Spaces: the majority of public areas will receive updated décor, complete with new furnishings, upholstery, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments and floor coverings. The enhanced color palette combines sand and marine shades to contrast with the warmth of wood finishes.
- Yacht Club: the indoor observation area on the top deck will become a chic coffee bar and lounge. The area will receive a complete overhaul, with new Amtico flooring, furniture and an open layout.
- Compass Rose: the club space will turn into Windstar’s Compass Rose, redesigned with all new contemporary furnishings, including new flooring finishes, plantation shutters, chairs and bar stools designed for socializing. Live music can be found here nightly.
- Reception: this area will be refreshed with new paneling, light fixtures and wall coverings. An additional desk for guests to consult with the destination manager and guest service manager will also be added.
- Star Bar: the outdoor deck bar will offer casual drinks during the day and a venue for star-gazing by night. The bar area will be expanded with teak decking, new stools, and lighting.
Dining Venues: all restaurants will be transformed,and all dining experiences are complimentary.
- AmphorA: Windstar’s formal dining experience will be introduced as AmphorA Restaurant. The main dining room will be redesigned, using mirror panels with Murano glass, new soft lighting, wall coverings and artwork. The room will include a new seating layout; setting the stage for Windstar’s signature dining experience featuring contemporary, international menus and fresh, local dishes.
- Veranda/Candles: the restaurant in the aft of the yacht will be an inviting buffet during the day, with outdoor seating highlighting Veranda’s new look. At night the venue will transform to Candles Grill.
Suites: all 106 suites will be renovated to showcase new furnishings, leather headboards, plush sofas and chairs, drapes, new lighting features, window coverings, plush carpeting, new art work, stylish bed cushions and bed throws. The suites will have a warm color palette.
- Destination Suites: the Owner’s Suites will now showcase different Windstar destinations, such as the Bora Bora Suite.
Life Onboard: Star Pride will highlight Windstar’s small ship advantage of sailing with fewer than 300 guests. Life on board will showcase many of the experiences found on Windstar’s sailing fleet.
- Sail Away: guests will experience Sail Away from each port enjoying the enchanting music of 1492: Conquest of Paradise as the yacht cruises to the next day’s adventure.
- Deck Barbecue: the line’s signature Deck Barbecue gala will take place one night per voyage on the pool deck. The buffet offers an array of dishes from lobster to an Asian-style suckling pig, jerk marinated chicken and other specialties. Seafood paella is cooked right on deck giving guests a taste of the Spanish favorite with a local twist. After dining is complete, guests can view the crew show.
- Open Bridge: Windstar will continue its Open Bridge experience, inviting guests to come into the Bridge when the yacht is at sea.
- Watersports Platform: the platform offers a variety of water toys such as water skis, wakeboards, kayaks, paddleboards and sailboats, guests can swim to and from the platform.
- Service: in 2013 Windstar’s service garnered number one placement in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards Small Ship Cruise Line category. This same level and style of service will be found on Star Pride.
- Luxury as You Like It: Windstar offers a choice of personal amenities. Shore excursions can be booked as a collection or by individual tour. Alcoholic beverages are available a la carte or through a beverage package. A variety of other amenities are available for guests to tailor their cruise as they choose.
New Destinations: With only 212 guests, Star Pride’s size fits with Windstar’s small ship philosophy of exploring secluded coves and hidden harbors.
- Europe: The Pride offers four new voyages in Europe, including Black Sea Tapestry, a seven-day cruise through the Black Sea. Guests can cruise the southernmost tip of the Aegean on Pride of the Aegean, a nine-day cruise from Athens to Istanbul. Riviera Enchantment is a seven-day voyage round trip from Rome. Star Pride will sail through the Corinth Canal, a first for Windstar, on the nine-day cruise, Venetian Passageways, from Athens to Venice. Additionally, in May 2014, the all-suite yacht will dock in Monte Carlo and include an exclusive Grand Prix themed voyage.
- Arabia: Two of Star Pride’s voyages will offer the ports of Arabia and India. Wonders of Arabia, an 18-day voyage from Athens, Greece to Dubai, UAE, showcases the Red Sea, the Nile, and the rose-colored ruins of Petra. Also available is the Pearls of the Indian Ocean, a 15-day voyage from Dubai, UAE to Singapore.
- Southeast Asia: Star Pride will cruise the waters of Southeast Asia with three new voyages beginning in December 2014. Treasures of Southeast Asia, a 14-day voyage from Singapore to Hong Kong, visits the ancient trading city of Hoi An, My Son Sanctuary, Hue and Halong Bay. Guests can visit Imperial Hue, ancient Hoi An, and amazing Ho Chi Minh City on Vietnam Unveiled, a 10-day voyage from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Hong Kong. Singapore & the Malay Peninsula voyage, a 10-day round trip cruise that explores Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, is also available.
For more information, visit www.windstarcruises.com.