Zegrahm Expeditions announced a brand-new itinerary in 2015, Oman: Jewel of the Arabian Gulf. This 16-day expedition explores the major port cities of Muscat and Salalah, follows ancient caravan routes across desert sands and visits natural wonders, from Oman’s green sea turtles and frankincense orchards to subtropical forests and date palm oases.
Highlights of this expedition include:
- Discovering the architecture of Muscat and visiting the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque complex.
- Exploring three UNESCO World Heritage Sites—the Land of Frankincense, the Archaeological Sites of the Bat Tombs, and the Aflaj Irrigation System.
- Spending three days in southern Oman, including seaside Salalah and its surrounding mountain regions.
- Observing endangered green sea turtles return to the beach where they lay their eggs.
- Visiting Nizwa, Oman’s ancient capital, and touring two ancient fortresses.
Persian Gulf expert, Tony Walsh, will lead this expedition which takes place March 19 – April 3, 2015 and is priced from $10,980 per person.
For more information, visit www.zegrahm.com.