Happy New Year! The wedding & honeymoon market is in high gear, this being the period when most couples choose to get engaged. For those interested in a portion of more than $100 billion that will be spent on this once-in-a-lifetime event, I have listed a few ways to tap into this market.
1. Put up window signage (yours and local wedding vendors’)
2. Post honeymoon and wedding information on your website
3. Make use of church/synagogue bulletins and local advertising
4. Buy databases of engaged couples for your mailings
5. Befriend tourism boards that focus on the wedding market
6. Use the internet to your advantage by joining like-minded groups
7. Make the most of the search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
8. Do populate chat rooms with your URLs
9. Participate in bridal shows
10. Utilize the benefits of membership in international organizations like ABC
Again, if you are not familiar with all the social networks and how to navigate them, all you need to do is to secure the services of your teenage family member! Most of them are skilled at this and it will not only free up your time to pursue more business, the cost factor will also be minimal.
Work with your hotel/government to have them include your information on their local website and make you part of their promotions.
Nothing beats your presence and expertise in your local market. Befriend your local jeweler— that is always the first point of entry to reach out to the engaged couple. Be an “expert” for your local newspaper, radio station or TV. Everyone is looking for free and valuable content. Learn your craft and do not forget that the bride or groom at the wedding or honeymoon you have access to will know a friend who is planning to get married.
This is the season for bridal shows. Do make sure you have a presence, even if you have to barter the space. Be creative, call the show producer and find out how you can participate. Perhaps, you can help them with a mailing in your area—anything to get you access to this “must-buy” audience.
There are a lot of bridal websites in the marketplace. Review the ones that best mirrors your marketing strategy and do call them to see if you can make suggestions, write for them, endorse, or be the agent of choice. You would be amazed at how, with persistence, you can get the much-needed publicity.
For more information, contact me at [email protected] I am also the President and CEO of www.MarryCaribbean.com, a website providing information to couples planning on a honeymoon or getting married in the Caribbean. Within the next few days, I will also unveil the new and exciting www.CaribbeanWeddingAssociation.com which will be a means of education for all those with an interest in learning and understanding the bridal market.