Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado has announced the details of its "Breck Spring Fever" festival, which will run from March 22 through closing day on April 20.
The festival will encompass more than 40 events both on the mountain and in town, including food specials, free live concerts, competitions and kids' events. During the springtime events guests will continue to be able to take in Breckenridge's ski offerings, including its brand-new Peak 6 expansion.
Returning signature events include the free Bud Light Concert Series, with national acts performing live on Saturday and Sunday afternoons the last two weekends of the Breckenridge ski season on the mountain at the base of Peak 8, the Third annual “Mountain Dew Throwback Throwdown” superpipe and minipipe competition, the 18th Annual Imperial Challenge, and extended afternoon chairlift operating hours on select days.
Breck Spring Fever 2014 Signature Events will include:
- The Bud Light Concert Series, with national acts performing live on April 12, 13, 19, and 20 on a specially-constructed stage on the mountain at the Peak 8 base
- Extended operating hours on Fridays on the 5 Chair & Colorado SuperChair
- The third Annual Mountain Dew Throwback Throwdown superpipe & minipipe competition
- The Breck Ascent Series uphill ski touring races on Wednesday afternoons
- The fourth Annual Ripperoo Winter Mascot Olympics
- The 18th Annual Imperial Challenge bike, uphill & downhill triathlon on April 12
- Park, Pipe, and Big Mountain Camps for adults and children
- The third Annual “Spring Fever Chili Cook-off”
- Easter egg hunts both on the mountain and in town
- A sunrise Easter service at TenMile Station
- The Spring Series International Ski Federation Super G & Giant Slalom Races
- The fourth Annual Ripperoo Mini World Cup
- In conjunction with IFSA, a brand new big mountain freestyle competition on Breck’s newest terrain, Peak 6
More events and details continue to be added daily; for the latest news and details on all the events taking place, visit www.BreckSpringFever.com.