As the first permanent ice lounge in the U.S., the Minus 5 Experience is a bar and lounge unlike any other. The entire 2,000-square-foot lounge, located at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, is skillfully crafted out of ice and offers cool martinis and cocktails that can be sipped from frozen glasses. Patrons are fully equipped with parkas, mittens and booties upon entry into the lounge, which is kept at a cool minus 5 degrees Celsius, or 23 degrees Fahrenheit.
Minus 5 also features a warm, rustic pub adjacent to the ice lounge with an arctic explorer theme. The Minus 5 Lodge features ironwood beams, river stones, leather seats and an open-hearth to create an earthy, natural environment and a welcoming ambience and can accommodate up to 150 people in a cocktail-style setting.
Of note for your clients:
• General admission is $25 and includes all arctic gear (jacket, gloves, and boots and a cocktail)
• Special events and group rates are available
• Casual dress code for lounge
• Drinks from $6 drafts up to $600 bottles of champagne
• Smoking bar
• Wheelchair accessible
• Special events and VIP receptions
• All major credit cards accepted
• Reservations recommended
The Minus 5 Experience also has locations in Sydney and Australia’s Gold Coast, as well as Auckland and Queenstown, New Zealand, and Viseu, Portugal.