|From left: Frank Comito, director general and CEO of CHTA; Richard Doumeng, chairman, Patricia Affonso Dass, third vice president; Karolin Troubetzkoy, president; Stuart Bowe, first vice president; Karen Whitt, second vice president; and Bill Clegg, membership committee chairman|
The Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) recently elected a new slate of officers at its Annual General Meeting (AGM), which took place at the Hyatt Regency Miami on June 9, 2016.
The newly elected officers will serve with CHTA President Karolin Troubetzkoy, owner and executive director of St. Lucia's Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain Resort, who began her term in January.
The five vice presidents and treasurer elected to serve the 2016-2018 Biennium include:
- 1st Vice President - Stuart Bowe, president, Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association and senior vice president and general manager of Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
-2nd Vice President - Karen Whitt, director, Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association and general manager, Regent Palms Turks & Caicos
- 3rd Vice President - Patricia Affonso Dass, immediate past chairman, Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association and general manager of Ocean Two Resort & Residences, Barbados
- 4th Vice President - Wayne Cummings, director, business processes and administration, Sandals Resorts International
- 5th Vice President - Pablo Torres, general manager, Caribe Hilton San Juan
- Treasurer - James Hepple, president and CEO, Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association