Travel within North America will get a boost from Globus who has launched its new Local Favorites program for 2013. Local Favorites will offer travelers a taste of the local flavors and behind-the-scenes journeys on each North America tour. Globus has also created six new vacations ranging from 8 to 15 days.
“With Globus, ‘sight-experiencing’ bests ‘sightseeing’ every time,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “This idea couldn’t be more true in 2013 when we introduce our travelers to Local Favorites."
Globus cites many examples, including:
- Meeting Iditarod champion Martin Buser and his sled dogs ( 8-day Alaska’s Iditarod)
- Touring the Gloria Ferrer wine caves and tasting their sparkling wines ( 9-day Northern California’s Finest)
- Visiting Tatanka to learn “the Story of the Bison” while experiencing the richness of the Lakota people, a Plains Indian buffalo culture (11-day America’s National Parks)
- Spending time with an Amish family and visiting their farm (8-day Patriot’s Passage)
For a second year, Globus reports teaming up the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of America’s national parks, to provide unique tour experiences. As part of this GoParks! Tours partnership, when travelers book a Globus U.S. national parks vacation, the company will make a donation to the NPF at no additional cost to travelers.
“Our outdoor escapes – those vacations featuring America’s natural landscapes – are among our most popular vacations,” said Nisbet, noting that Globus offers 18 Globus GoParks! Tours to 20 national parks.
Globus’ top five North American itineraries that showcase the great outdoors are:
- Parks & Canyon Spectacular (14 days). Visits Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, Zion and Grand Canyon National Parks.
- Grand Hawaii Vacation (13 days)
- Eastern U.S. & Canada Discovery (13 days)
- Spectacular Alaska (10 days). Visits Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks.
- California Classics (9 days). Visits Yosemite National Park.
On all Globus’ North America tours, travelers are privy to expertly designed, inclusive land programs that feature world-class accommodations, guided sightseeing (complete with headsets), lectures and VIP access into key destinations. In 2013, Globus is inviting travelers to stay connected with free Wi-Fi on every motorcoach.
Globus is also offering an early booking incentive: Those booking select 2013 Globus North America vacations can save $600 (per couple). For details and disclaimers, agents can visit www.globusfamilypartner.com/special-offers.