Iberostar hotels in Mexico and Jamaica have established certain policies to efficiently improve economic, social and environmental efforts. The brand's hotels in Mexico operate according to the following Iberostar "Think Green" program:
• Reduction of greenhouse gases through technologies that ensure the optimum use of energy resources
• Automation of the electrical system and air-conditioning with motion sensors
• Periodic studies which help to detect areas for possible energy reduction
• Reuse of water through the treatment of waste water; all of the water consumed is treated and used for irrigation
• Use of biodegradable cleaning products
• Management of solid waste and encouragement to recycle among the guests
• Promotion of economic development through the sustainable-purchasing policy
Recongnized properties include the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica, as well as the Iberostar Cozumel; the Iberostar Tucan and Iberostar Quetzal in Playa del Carmen; the Iberostar Cancun and the Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf & Spa Resort complex in Riviera Maya, which is comprised of the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Iberostar Paraiso Maya, Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, Iberostar Paraiso Beach and Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.
Iberostar currently has 18 properties in Mexico and the Caribbean, ranging from the adults-only Grand Collection to Premium Gold and Premium category resorts. It will add its first property on Mexico's west coast, the Premium Gold Iberostar Playa Mita.